by Kirbirb

Original Post

[OPEN] [CoL] Unable to complete 'Show Off!" errand

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.77.146.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except for Journey to Batuu and Spa Day
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Install Cottage Living. Select the "Show Off!" errand from Kim Goldbloom. The task is to win a competition at the finchwick fair. Enter into the finchwick fair and win first place in one or both competitions.
What happens when the bug occurs? I win one or both competitions at the finchwick fair, but the errand task does not complete. I have won multiple times in multiple different competitions. (Cow, llama, chicken, egg, pie, etc)
What do you expect to see? The errand task completes
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Installed Cottage Living

At the very least I'd love a cheat to complete tasks, similar to the cheat to complete aspirations.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 9 (1,408 Views)

Re: Cottage Living-Unable to complete 'Show Off!" errand

★★★ Novice

I'm having this same issue. Won 3 different fair's and the errand just wont complete.. 

Message 2 of 9 (1,324 Views)

★★ Novice

This happens to me too, every time, no matter which NPC I accept the errand from. I won first place in the cow competition and it did not work, and I've tried the pie competition with that errand as well.

Message 3 of 9 (1,165 Views)

★★★ Novice

Were you able to find a solution? I'm having the same problem and it's quite aggravating.

Message 4 of 9 (872 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [CoL] Unable to complete 'Show Off!" errand

★★ Apprentice
@Kirbirb It's the same thing with the Hero of Henford Errand.
Message 5 of 9 (706 Views)

Hero
@Amyangelus The thread for that is here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/CoL-Hero-of-Henford-Errand-does-not-complete/td-p/10547877

Happy Gaming
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 9 (696 Views)

Cottage Living Errands not completing (Competition Wins)

★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.83.24.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cottage, Dine Out,
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Check bugs in cottage pack
What happens when the bug occurs? I have an errand to run to earn a first prize in a festival in Cottage, i earned said first prize more than once and do not get the rewards or notifcation that i have completed it.
What do you expect to see? A reward for my completion
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I complete the competition and win, but multiple times now i never get the reward or completion for the errand.

Message 7 of 9 (498 Views)

Re: Cottage Living Errands not completing (Competition Wins)

★ Novice

Update: got first in every type of competition, still nothing

Message 8 of 9 (422 Views)

★ Apprentice
@Kirbirb Furthermore I can't figure out, how to get a cow or alpaca to the show.
Message 9 of 9 (342 Views)