by StoHelit

Original Post

[OPEN] [CoL] The Gnome's Arms lot backwards in map view

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.77.131.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except Batuu and Courtyard Oasis
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Look at the map view of Henford-on-bagley and look at The Gnome's Arms pub. You should be able to see Goldbloom's grocery stall (red and white striped market stall) on the map. The pub's fenced outside sitting area is to the right, closest to the market stall. When going into buildmode on the pub, the outside sitting area is instead on the left, the furthest away from the market stall. In short, it's backwards.
What happens when the bug occurs? The mapview of the pub does not match the surrounding area when going into buildmode.
What do you expect to see? That the mapview and buildmode/livemode view of the pub match with the landmarks shown in both the mapview and livemode.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I've tried visiting as well as replacing the lot, but it's still backwards in the mapview. Anyone else that noticed this?

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 8 (2,061 Views)

Re: [CoL] The Gnome's Arms lot backwards in map view

★★★ Guide

That's a funny one. I didn't even notice it as the building sort of looks the same from either direction. But yeah, if you flip the entire lot around so that the front is facing the river then on the world map it looks like it's facing the correct direction. The lot is definitely showing backwards. 

Message 2 of 8 (1,995 Views)

[CoL]Gnome's Arms lot facing wrong way in world view

★★ Guide

Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
What is your current game version number? dont know right now, will add later
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? everything up to date (11th August 2021)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? look at where the Gnome's Arms lot is faced in live mode/bb mode and compare it to where it is facing on the map.
What happens when the bug occurs? the Gnome's Arms front faces towards the festival area in live and bb mode but faces away from it on the map.
What do you expect to see? the gnome's arms front facing the same way in live/bb mode and the map
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

not a big issue for me personally but still kinda odd.

Message 3 of 8 (1,952 Views)

Re: [CoL] The Gnome's Arms lot backwards in map view

★ Guide

I have this in my game too (probably everyone has?). It occur even if you replace the bar with another lot / house.

Message 4 of 8 (1,890 Views)

Gnome’s Arms Lot in Henford-On-Bagley is facing the wrong direction

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Platform:PC
What is your current game version number? Newest update
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cottage Living
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Go to Henford-On-Bagley map view
What happens when the bug occurs? Lot in Henford-On-Bagley is facing the wrong direction
What do you expect to see? That the lot is facing towards the marketplace in map view, so that it is turned in the same direction as in live mode.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.

This lot is rotated in map view

BB44808A-85B5-4D0F-982E-CB03E0F7BAC9.jpeg

Message 5 of 8 (1,830 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [CoL] The Gnome's Arms lot backwards in map view

★★★★ Guide

I can confirm I can see this discrepancy when I went to edit out the lot in Build Mode; I was confused at first bc normally the red telephone box would be at the front of the bar, but you wouldn't know that looking through the Map View, bc it shows the backend of the bar instead. Just a mere cosmetic glitch sure, but would like to see this rectified eventually.

Message 6 of 8 (1,665 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Apprentice

It actually just caused me a lot of grief as I demolished the pub and built a fancy retail street... only to find the mapview shows the backside and not the pretty store fronts! So I went in and flipped it, but now the building doesn't line up right in the play view!

Message 7 of 8 (1,405 Views)

★★ Pro

Huh just noticed this too as I started editing the lot more to my liking.. It's definitely not the worst bug and doesn't affect gameplay at all but you'd think this is something pretty straightforward to fix anyways.. (compared to bugs like simulation lag and that sort of stuff!)

Message 8 of 8 (1,094 Views)