by LadyKleo

Original Post

[OPEN] [CoL] Simple Living: Gourmet Servings don't show required ingredients

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Русский язык
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.77.146.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansions, game packs, stuff packs and kits
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Turn on Simple Living Lot Challenge and start to choose gourmet recipes on a frige or stove
What happens when the bug occurs? When Simple Living Lot Challenge is active, there is no visible list of ingredients for 1, 4 and 8 portions in gourmet cooking recipes.
What do you expect to see? I expect to see list of ingredients for 1, 4 and 8 portions in gourmet cooking recipes when Simple Living Lot Challenge is active
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

When Simple Living Lot Challenge is active, there is no visible list of ingredients for 1, 4 and 8 portions in gourmet cooking recipes. This issue was noticed in English and in Russian game versions.

Simple Living Lot Challenge no list of ingredients for gourmet cooking recipes eng.jpg

Simple Living Lot Challenge no list of ingredients for gourmet cooking recipes rus.png

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted Title

Message 1 of 36 (3,211 Views)

Re: Simple Living Lot Challenge: no visible ingredients for gourmet recipes

★ Apprentice

I have the same problem with the Russian version of the game. 

Message 2 of 36 (3,158 Views)

Re: [CoL] Simple Living: Gourmet Servings don't show required ingredients

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

The same thing in my game as well: no required ingredients are shown when trying to cook gourmet meal with Simple Life lot challenge turned on.

The russian version of the game.

Message 3 of 36 (3,066 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [CoL] Simple Living: Gourmet Servings don't show required ingredients

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

I am having the same trouble, but not just with Gourmet Cooking, even just the regular "Cook..." option isnt showing required ingredients.. I have no mods/CC in my game, and I am using the English version of the game. 

Message 4 of 36 (2,883 Views)

Re: Meals greyed-out, sims can't cook or bake

★ Guide
I play Simple Living lot trait and have cottage living package. I've found a problem. The ingredients are not shown for family and party-size gourmet food. It's quite difficult to make a right guess. Does anyone have the same problem.
Message 5 of 36 (3,243 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@imhotep168 I just checked in my game on a lot with the 'Simple Living' trait in my game. In my case the Sim is a chef and has all baking and cooking skills at 10, including gourmet cooking. Also, the ingredients needed required for the Sim to provide via 'Simple Living' requirements for the dish are all in the refrigerator (thus available to all household members). I did not have an issue with either the family or party size being greyed out )please see screenshot): 
IMG_0186.JPG

The reasons I can think of right off that you may be seeing something different in your game are:

• I'm assuming your Sim has the appropriate skill level to cook the dish and is seeing the 'single serving' option? If not, it could be the case that the Sim does not have the needed skill level in Gourmet cooking?
  • Did you check that your Sim has, in their Personal Inventory or in the refrigerator, all of the 'required to provide' ingredients, as needed with the Simple Living trait?
  • As you can see, in the case of dishes that I am missing an item(s) - such as the 'Meat Substitute' in the screenshot above - the dish is greyed out in my game, as expected with the Simple Living trait.

If all of the above do not address your case, perhaps one of the following suggestions may be helpful:

• Do you have Mods/CC? If so did you test with them removed, including the cache file as follows:
    Spoiler
    Try moving the Mods folder from your "The Sims 4" folder [Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 4] to your desktop (save it for reference) and delete the localthumbcache.package file in your “The Sims 4” folder. Then check in a new game save to see if this issue is still occurring. You can test without saving in order to identify which CC/Mods are causing the issue, then remove or add updated version(s) of the Mod/CC causing the issue.
  • Is your game fully updated?
    Spoiler
    How to update your game:
    • open Origin
    • click ‘Game Library’
    • right-click Sims 4 > Update Game
  •  Did you try a game repair?
    Spoiler
    How to run a game repair:
    • Open Origin, click ‘Game Library’ then right-click Sims 4 > Repair Game
    • Let it run until it has completed all repairs. It will do the base game first, then run through each of your DLCs (Expansion Packs, Game Packs, Stuff Packs and Kits).
SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 6 of 36 (3,195 Views)

★ Guide

@SheriGRThanks for your promptly reply. Of course, I know all your asked condition. My question is, only the ingredients of single serving are shown, but not family and party size. I know if I put all the ingredients inside the refrigerator will solve the problem if the quantities are right. However, I like to store the ingredients in other containers for easier management and avoiding messing up the refrigerator. If the recipes are not shown for gourmet foods, I need to spend time to guess and try.

For example, the Spinach Frittata, only single serving recipe is available: one Spinach and one Egg. After try and guess, the recipe for family size is "one Spinach, one Egg, and one Cheese" and "one Spinach, two Eggs and one Cheese" for Party size. The game doesn't tell us the recipes for those.

For the non "Simple Living" lot, the recipes of  family and party size are not shown, either. Anyway, just spend some money could make it go so it's not an issue. However, I still think it is a glitch.

Message 7 of 36 (3,159 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@imhotep168 I'm not positive we're speaking of the same issue, but perhaps this will clarify a bit of what I mean. I just went back into that same lot (from my last post and screenshot(s) above). With the Simple Living lot trait, if I have the 'required in inventory/refrigerator' ingredients and skill level to make a dish (example, the Lobster Tortellini), my Sim only needs to own the required 'one tomato + one any herb'. If she possess these required ingredients, cooking that dish costs her nothing, for any serving size, and none of the three serving sizes are greyed out:
Screen Shot 2022-07-20 at 8.48.07 PM.png

If I go into build mode from the world view to edit you can see that the lot has the Simple Living Lot Challenge.
Screen Shot 2022-07-20 at 8.27.13 PM.png

IF I click the red "X" on that lot challenge and remove the Simple Living lot challenge it will then look like this. If I save this change...

Screen Shot 2022-07-20 at 8.27.43 PM.png
...and re-enter the lot in live mode...
You can see that I can now (without the 'Simple Living lot challenge on the home) will have to pay to cook meals, plus I have to pay more to make the larger sized dishes.
Screen Shot 2022-07-20 at 8.30.39 PM.png

However, in this case if I check the box at the top that says "Use Fresh Ingredients", to make a dish (example, the Lobster Tortellini), if my Sim owns the required 'one tomato + one any herb'. she will get a discounted price, but the dish will not be free to make without the 'Simple Living lot challenge' active on the lot.
Screen Shot 2022-07-20 at 8.30.10 PM.png

Can you share a screenshot of your options where you are seeing the dishes of sizes that are not a single serving greyed out?

Message 8 of 36 (2,463 Views)

★ Guide

@SheriGR It looks like we are not in the same page. I am not a native speaker of English. I might not express the problem correctly.

Please see my screenshot of Gourmet Meal, which is exactly as yours:

2022-07-22_180855.jpg

Only recipes for single serving are available for each dish. The family and party servings are not available.

Comparing with the non-gourmet cooking, all of three servings are all shown, as the following screenshot:

2022-07-22_181917.jpg

That's why I called it a glitch or bug!

Than you all for your kind help.

Message 9 of 36 (2,430 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@imhotep168 Thank you for sharing your screenshots! You are correct, you are not seeing the same thing on your screen that I see on mine. 

However, one thing I see that is different on your screenshot is that your money is over the game limit. I just tested to confirm, and I find the money limit to be $9,999,999. In your screenshot I see your Sim has $21,757,862. I tried using the 'Money' cheat by adding 'Money 9999999' and it did take my Sim's funds to $9,999,999. However, when I tried the cheat as 'Money 21757862', it remained at the max, $9,999,999.
Screen Shot 2022-07-22 at 1.20.57 PM.pngScreen Shot 2022-07-22 at 1.19.36 PM.png

So... I'm wondering about if you do have Mods? If so I would recommend testing as I mentioned previously. You don't need to save the game with the Mods (and cache file) removed, but you can then confirm if the issue remains with them removed and make your decision based on that. I hope this is of some help. Thanks!

Message 10 of 36 (2,410 Views)