by ArcherAngelo

Original Post

[OPEN] [CoL] Sim freezes & gets stuck when socializing with Chicken

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.77.131.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them except Fit Throwback Kit
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Attempt to socialize with a baby chick.
What happens when the bug occurs? The Sim gets frozen standing still when I attempt to socialize with baby chicks and won't move past this task onto the next task. It happens nearly every time I try to socially interact with chicks. I have to cancel the interaction for her to move on.
What do you expect to see? The Sim to perform social interaction with baby chicks and then go on to the next task.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Computer Specs:

Intel Core i7-9750H CPU @ 2.60GHz 2.59

32 GB RAM

Nvidia GeForce RTX 2060 GPU

64 Bit OS

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted Title to make a bit more general

Message 1 of 10 (1,722 Views)

Re: Sim freezes & gets stuck when socializing with baby chicks - Cottage Liv

[ Edited ]
Hero

@ImagineBuildPlay Do you only have issues with chicks or also grown chicken ?

It hasn't been working well for me with any chicken depending on where they stand.

EDIT: Merged another report and made it about all chicken

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 10 (1,666 Views)

Sim freezes when I try to interact with Black Rooster

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.77.131.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Just try to interact with Black Rooster and you will see it, I guess?
What happens when the bug occurs? Black rooster doesn't move and stands wherever it is. Whenever I try to interact with it my sim gets stuck that I have to use resetsim cheat everytime. Resetsim cheat solves the sim's issue however, the black rooster remains frozen.
What do you expect to see? Black roosters' not getting frozen.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I'm sure this will be solved with the new update but what can I do to avoid this bug for now? Because sometimes one of my animals get stuck so I don't know how to reset them? Does resetsim cheat also work with them? This is kinda annoying though...

Message 3 of 10 (1,668 Views)
Highlighted

Re: [CoL] Sim freezes & gets stuck when socializing with Chicken

★★★ Guide

I have this issue too, with chick and chickens. I am playing a household in Del Sol Valley but gave them a coop. I'll queue up some social interactions with a chicken and my sim will get stuck and stand around until I reset them and clear the queue.

Message 4 of 10 (1,544 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have a similar issue in the other direction. My sim doesn't freeze up; instead, she auto adds "get water" to the end of her socialize queue. Every. Single. Time. It happens every time she socializes with any chicken at all. It's not game breaking, obviously, but still highly frustrating.

Message 5 of 10 (1,514 Views)

★ Apprentice
I get this too! The sims just stand there and the chicken freezes then I get a last exception saying animation error I get this allot with my chickens they also age up and down randomly once there placed in my household inventory
Message 6 of 10 (1,432 Views)

Re: Sim freezes & gets stuck when socializing with baby chicks - Cottage Liv

★★★ Novice

Yes, sorry, I just saw this, but I did notice afterwards that it also happens with grown chickens. 

Message 7 of 10 (1,428 Views)

★★ Guide

My sims are also getting stuck when socializing with chickens. I'll have several queued up, they'll start then just stop everything and stand still for hours. Sometimes if I cancel the current "stuck" action, they'll resume the rest of the queue.

Message 8 of 10 (1,419 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@ImagineBuildPlay I have this problem too, but instead of just with the animals, its with every action
Message 9 of 10 (1,395 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [CoL] Sim freezes & gets stuck when socializing with Chicken

★★★ Novice
@ImagineBuildPlay My chickens just don’t move. At all. Ever. Got all packs, no CC.
Message 10 of 10 (1,233 Views)