by torieggo

Original Post

[OPEN] [CoL] [SE] Can't use Hot Pot with Simple Living Lot Challenge

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.77.146.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except toddler, kid's room, and luxury party stuff pack.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Create a household, move to a lot. Implement the simple living lot challenge and place a hot pot on a table. Attempt to use the hot pot.
What happens when the bug occurs? My sim is unable to use the hot pot with the simple living lot challenge enabled. It also does not show ingredients, only a money amount.
What do you expect to see? A set amount of ingredients and the ability to use the hotpot.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

The Hot Pot does not work with the Simple Living lot challenge. While I understand why, there has been no addition for ingredients, it is unfortunate as I really enjoy combining the Snowy Escape with the Cottage Living pack

ETA: The Hot Pot does work in the same saves once turning off the Simple Living challenge. It deducts the required simoleons and then it works.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted Title

Message 1 of 10 (5,638 Views)

Re: Hot Pot and Simple Living

★★ Guide

I have the exact same issue. It works without the simple living challenge. I wish ingredients would be shown so you can get them and prepare the hot pot. :c

Message 2 of 10 (5,397 Views)

Hotpot with simple living trait? cottage living?

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

So how do you buy noodle when you have trait lot that is simple living? do tell me since can't seem to purchase noodle anywhere? so how is no one checking this bug or even what to call this cant do nothing with the hotpot with simple living trait on so yeah now I wanna know how to do it or even buy the noodle at this points. So no one in the team check this? or even test it out just roll with it? no mods no nothing just fresh clean no mods, no testing has been done with it?

Message 3 of 10 (5,272 Views)

Re: Hotpot with simple living trait? cottage living?

Hero
@PreFireTheDaBest I merged your post with the bug report on this.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 10 (5,225 Views)

Re: Hotpot with simple living trait? cottage living?

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

So your telling me their no FIX or SOLUTION to this problem? this sad no oversight at all so can you point me to a mod where the mod can let me buy noodles instead? so that hotpot can be used with the simple living trait, already a month and no fix insight this is sad and disappointment is immeasurable $40 pack sad

Message 5 of 10 (5,194 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [CoL] [SE] Can't use Hot Pot with Simple Living Lot Challenge

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

To anyone who goes here, Rex has a mod to fix this. It's not yet on the Bug Fixes thread. 

(Removed mod link) - Atic 

Message 6 of 10 (4,473 Views)

★★★ Novice

you'd think they could leave the mod links since they rely on modders to do their bug fixing for them

Message 7 of 10 (4,319 Views)

Hero
@blitheandbonny Mod links are globally maintained here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-Common-Game-Fixing-Mods-Hero-Approved/m-p/9836185

Please read the entry post for why this is.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 8 of 10 (4,301 Views)

★ Guide

I had a look at this, and it seems to be because there are a few interactions which have tests that disallow them to be run when the Simple Living lot challenge is present. Specifically, the following XMLs:
E882D22F!0000001F!000000000003C1FD.super_HotPot_StartCrafting_Autonomously_Oden.xml
E882D22F!0000001F!000000000003C1FE.super_HotPot_StartCrafting_Autonomously_Sukiyaki.xml
E882D22F!0000001F!000000000003C1FF.super_HotPot_StartCrafting_Autonomously_Yosenabe.xml

These interactions are entirely autonomous in nature (cannot be directed by the player) and seem to be pushed by a situation that is started by the visible interactions on the hot pot. All of them have the following code in their test_globals:

Spoiler
  <V t="zone">
    <U n="zone">
      <U n="zone_tests">
        <V n="zone_modifiers" t="enabled">
          <U n="enabled">
            <V n="blacklist" t="specify">
              <U n="specify">
                <L n="blacklist">
                  <T>258836<!--zoneModifiers_lotTrait_RequiredIngredients--></T>
                </L>
              </U>
            </V>
          </U>
        </V>
      </U>
    </U>
  </V>

Given that every test in test_globals must pass for the interaction to run, this means it will always fail when the Simple Living lot challenge is active, and thus can never be run. I did some testing, and removing this test seems to solve the problem.

Message 9 of 10 (1,942 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Hopefully the developers will implement this fix. There is such a big focus on food and cooking in this game so I hope they can fix it. Pretty annoying to have to disable and enable the trait to use the hotpot.

Message 10 of 10 (974 Views)