Re: [CoL] Rabbit frozen/interactions limited

by Blood0rchid

Original Post

[CoL] Rabbit frozen/interactions limited

★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What is your current game version number? 1.44
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Everything up to date (25 July 2021)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I dont know... This happened at the "Cordelia's secret cottage" lot, there are 1 rabbit home and 1 bird home on the lot. With one Sim and one cat in the household, also 1 Llama on the lot and multiple plants and crops.
What happens when the bug occurs? A rabbit froze in my game meaning it wont move arround, it just sits in one spot doing some minor animations, so its not liexactly like a statue but it does not move arround the garden at all. Also the available interactions are limited to "Actions" and "Socialize" but the only social interaction showing is "show dance move".
What do you expect to see? Rabbits not freezing up....poor fellas.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I have moved the rabbit in buildmode (cause at first I thought it was a pathing problem) and reset it multiple times, traveled and came back to the lot, restarted my game...nothing fixed it.

Message 11 of 33 (2,761 Views)

Re: [CoL] Rabbit gets stuck at Cordelia's Secret Cottage

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Same here. These are bunnies from the wild rabbit home stump on my home lot. There's four bunnies that my four sims have developed high friendship with and named and all that. Two of them have recently become frozen as described above. Sit in one spot, idle animations. only dialogue option available is 'show dance move'. I've reset the bunnies, I've reset the rabbit home, I've traveled away and back to the lot, restarted the game, moved them around in build-mode, nothing seems to help. They have gardening help enabled, and at least one sim per rabbit has max relationship with them.

Edit: I just shift clicked the rabbit home on the lot and chose 'Call out Particular Rabbit (Debug)' and the two stuck frozen rabbits are not in the list. So somehow they are not a part of that rabbit home's rabbit list anymore. I don't know which came first, if being culled from the list bugged them, or if they first became bugged and then the rabbit home ceased to recognize them anymore, but figured I'd add the info here.

Message 12 of 33 (2,714 Views)

Re: [CoL] Rabbit frozen/interactions limited

★★ Apprentice

I am experiencing the same problem on the same lot on my PS4.

Nothing I do will reset this rabbit...

Message 13 of 33 (2,646 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [CoL] Rabbit gets stuck

Community Manager (retired)

Could anyone experiencing this issue possibly share a save file with me where you've seen it occur? You can DM me the link to your save, thanks for the help!

Instructions for sharing your save: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Tea...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 14 of 33 (2,565 Views)

★★ Guide

I just sent mine, but since mine is ancient (started when sims 4 base game launched) and has some mods (Sims Info etc) and has had MCCC used a few times during the years for various relationship fixings etc, it's hardly the best bug-checking material.

If anyone has a fresh save that hasn't been touched by mods, that'd be much better for checking the poor bunnies.

Message 15 of 33 (2,491 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

Same here, I'm playing the Watson family and unlocked the Rabbit homes, but after I placed them the bunnies on the lot got stuck, it's like they can't return to their homes.

Message 16 of 33 (2,468 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

I had this issue yesterday.  I tried moving the bunny in bb but I still only had the limited interactions (actions for most sims, actions and dancing for animal enthusiast).  I  hoped that when I went into my game today the bunny would be reset but she was still in the same spot and I only had the same limited interactions. 

I have mods that allow me to keep testing cheats on all the time, so I tried "shift click" on the rabbit and went through the options.  I chose "routing state" and then "go home(debug)" and the bunny finally moved and went to its stump.  I think you will have to have testing cheats on and the shift + click and the options should come up.

ETA:  I called the bunny out of her stump again and everything is working normally now.

Message 17 of 33 (2,426 Views)

★★★ Novice

I turned on testing cheats but I still don't see that option, is it possible that option is a part of your mod? Or is there a reason I might not be able to see that option in my game?

Message 18 of 33 (2,397 Views)

★★★★ Guide

It could be from a mod.  I use MCCC and some others.  I'll check it out tomorrow.

Message 19 of 33 (2,387 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

So there is another setting in MCCC which enables debug cheats.  With that enabled I get the routing state option.  With it disabled I don't get that option.  I'm just not sure what those debug cheats are in a non-modded game. 

Just found this article that mentions "routing state" for the farm animals:  https://extratime.media/sims-4-cottage-living-shift-click-cheats-cows-chickens-llamas/

but it seems to only use testing cheats.

Message 20 of 33 (2,378 Views)