[OPEN] [CoL] No ribbon/message after Finchwick Fair

by Maysbat

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] [CoL] No ribbon/message after Finchwick Fair

★ Guide
@laurenannerose5 I'm trying to complete the collection too, I have five sims enter high quality entries and boom, no rewards at all!
Message 41 of 105 (1,883 Views)

Champion

This sounds like it might be the issue I've just had for the first time today. The first fair went fine and I got my prizes no problem.

The second fair he entered wouldn't end and the judging was still going on at 4am. My Sim waited around until he was falling asleep. His entries were a Magnificent flower and an Impeccable pie while the rest were Normal standard. I sent him home as he was about to keel over with exhaustion and when he arrived home he finally got the notification the fair was over and there was a ribbon and a Llamacorn parcel in his inventory that won't let me do anything with it except sell it. He got no notification for which entry the prize was for.

I don't work for EA. I'm a Volunteer.
+XP for helpful answers from fellow players.
Accept as Solution helps others find the answer.
Message 42 of 105 (1,835 Views)

Champion

In my game I've figured out that it's linked to running a social event at the same time.

I often started a club event and got local farmers to hold a meeting in the pub during the fair. It seemed to cause confusion with the fair.

I've stopped holding any kind of social event at the fair. If my Sim attends alone it all goes as it should. This may not be the same for all games but it's working for my game now.

I don't work for EA. I'm a Volunteer.
+XP for helpful answers from fellow players.
Accept as Solution helps others find the answer.
Message 43 of 105 (1,769 Views)

★ Apprentice

Happened to me as well. I can’t complete the aspiration without cheering it because the faire never give my a reward. Not even a notification and ANY winner of any kind.

Message 44 of 105 (1,726 Views)

Finchwick Fair Bugs

★★★★ Novice

I've been looking around for a fix on this for ages and haven't come across one. Or even a forum for it, so I don't know if it's just me? Cottage Living. I can win the main fairs... chicken, llama, cow, oversized crop, garden. I cannot win egg, milk, wool, or pie. I don't even get a participation ribbon. It's as if those don't exist after you place your submission in. I do not play with mods, I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game. New games, new lots.. everything. And nothing works. So I don't know if its me or the game, but I really want a character who only does cottage living things. Including the fairs. It's not really fun when you can't collect all the things you want to collect. Also I don't know how to get you my save... if you want it. 

Message 45 of 105 (1,639 Views)

Re: Finchwick Fair Bugs

★★★★ Novice

Looks like this has been ongoing for a while, is there something in the works to fix it or.... nah?

Message 46 of 105 (1,569 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same thing here. It has never worked for me. Hopefully they fix it soon!

Message 47 of 105 (1,517 Views)

★ Guide

This just happened to me. I have entered my cow before with no problem, but I tried the pie contest twice. I was getting notifications about the pie and sims saying it was great. Then the fair ended and everything disappeared. No notification.

Message 48 of 105 (1,420 Views)

Competition in cottage living

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Svenska
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.90.375.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? cottage living, eco life, island living, get famus, cats and dogs, get to work. Realm of magic, strangerville, parenthood, outdoor retreat
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? If you enter one of the competitions in cottage living, youll not receve any rewards or even the message saying "congrats" or "your lama etc didnt win this time".
What happens when the bug occurs? I enter a competiton, lama, paj etc.(doesnt matter which one same with them all) then I get the note saying "only one hour until closing" then nothing more. no matter how many hours I wait after the fair closing. Not even a "sorry you didnt win this time" or my baked goods back.
What do you expect to see? Just the "the fair is closing" and then anouncement of the winner/loser in that specific competion and awards.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I can only explain. 

Message 49 of 105 (1,414 Views)

★★ Pro

Yeah same here, took part in the egg competition, got a notification that the fair is ending soon and finally the fair just disappeared without any winners, notifications or anything. I'm glad I just entered the egg and not my favourite chicken for instance.. Frown

Message 50 of 105 (1,261 Views)