Re: [OPEN] [CoL] No ribbon/message after Finchwick Fair

by Amyangelus

Original Post

★★★ Apprentice

Just happened this to me in the milk competition, and I've lost the milk. I was playing for a while now and only got a ribbon for the blueberry I submitted, the egg competition didn't return nothing. Didn't try any animals yet.

Message 21 of 105 (2,162 Views)

★ Apprentice

It's happened to me as well, I've tried a couple different things and a different save files. I just can't figure out what the problem is. Sometimes I'll get a ribbon for a pie in one of my files. I have a whole separate save file for a super sim I've been working on and I have this problem for every single fair on it.

Message 22 of 105 (2,150 Views)

★ Apprentice

I am having the same issue.  I entered a cow and strawberry milk into the fair.  I received a first place ribbon for my cow but no notification at all for the strawberry milk.  I was given both back into my inventory.  This seems like it is a pretty well documented bug at this point.

Message 23 of 105 (2,122 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

The wool competition works fine for me it's the pie competition that's not working for me.

Message 24 of 105 (2,081 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Just happened to me. Submitted my pie, got the notification that its ending in an hour and then nothing after that. Thankfully I saved before.

It's bad enough that I don't understand how sometimes I lose when I have perfect items and other entries are poor or normal but sometimes nothing happens.

Message 25 of 105 (2,044 Views)

★★★★ Guide

I'm having this issue too, just had the Cow and milk fair I entered Excellent quality Golden Milk (the game wouldn't let me put my cow into my inventory for some reason) I spent all day at the fair, the Mayor came over and judged the milk several times, exclaiming that the Golden Milk was the most wonderful thing she had ever seen. I then got a notification that the fair was ending, once it ended there was no notification about the winners or if my sim had won anything and to boot, the milk had vanished into dust, along with the rest of the fair. 

I hope this bug gets fixed soon. 

Message 26 of 105 (1,923 Views)

★ Guide

This is happening to me, too. The "main" competition will consistently give out rewards but the "minor" competition gives out nothing. I get the items back at the end of the fair but no ribbons given, not even a participation ribbon. So my chickens, cows, etc, will all take home some sort of prize but I'll rarely ever get anything for my eggs, milk, etc. Occasionally, I do actually get the payout but I have no idea what causes it to work sometimes and what causes it to break.

Some people have suggested the mayor is too distracted by the stereo to review all the entries but it doesn't seem to matter whether she's judged my entry or not. I've seen her judge my minor entries plenty of times and still didn't get a ribbon, so I'm not sure the action of her judging the entries is actually linked to the results. It may just be one of those idle NPC animations to make the fair feel more realistic.

Message 27 of 105 (1,889 Views)

[CoL] Finchwick Fair - no one wins any contest

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? current version - not out of date
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cottage Living Snowy Escape Island Living Seasons Cats + Dogs Get Together Dream Home Decorator Realm of Magic Jungle Adventure Parenthood Dine Out Spa Day Outdoor Retreat Paranormal Nifty Knitting Laundry Day Bust the Dust Toddler Kids Room Vintage Glamour Backyard Spooky Cool Kitchen Perfect Patio Luxury Party Fitness Incheon Fashion Street Country Kitchen
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play through any finchwick fair
What happens when the bug occurs? Nothing except nothing, basically. The fair is otherwise totally normal. The contest does not do its function. My sim can look at all the other entries, talk about people's entries, etc. But no one actually wins. I have only tried this with vegetables, pies, etc. Never livestock.
What do you expect to see? A prize or winner announcement, like the single announcement of a participation trophy I got in the same month that CL came out.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Only one mod: MCCC. Doesn't interfere with gameplay hardly at all beyond statistics and NPC sim behavior. 

Found it when my farming family packs all their produce, animal products, jams, and the contest item - I click on the Finchwick Fair announcement and take the whole family with me. As soon as it loads, I enter the competition and start chatting up the judges while another Sim sells our farm stuff. Then we chill and wait for the contest to end. It does not end. Around 9pm, there's the announcement that the festival is wrapping up. Then, everything disappears and nothing happens. I think I get my item back in my inventory when I leave. I got a notification ONCE early on that I had received a participation prize. This is right when the pack came out. I have never received any notification since.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 28 of 105 (1,753 Views)

Finchwick Fair

★★ Novice

No notifications regarding winners of fair entries in Sims4.  

Message 29 of 105 (1,688 Views)

Re: Finchwick Fair

Hero
@rllybadboy I merged your post with the bug report on this.

Please click me too on the first page.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 30 of 105 (1,646 Views)