by Lumiasta

Original Post

[OPEN] [CoL] No ribbon/message after Finchwick Fair

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Polski
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.77.146.1030 (64 Bit)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all of them except few kits
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Go on Finchwick Llama Fair and put a sample of wool. And wait till end.
What happens when the bug occurs? I don't get announcement about losing or winning and I don't get any ribbon even the participation one.
What do you expect to see? I expect to get a ribbon for taking part in competition.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I went to Llama Fair and oversized crop fair and I didn't get a ribbon for a pie and wool. But I did get for a crop and llama. So I think it's a bug.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted Title

Message 1 of 99 (18,935 Views)

Re: No ribbon in Finchwick Fair

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Diddo! I received ribbons for participating in the chicken competition and egg, but all other competitions, milk and pie, I didn't get a notification nor ribbon, besides that it was ending soon at 10:30.

Update July 30:

Had an oversized crop entry, got to 10:30 no notice nothing besides that it was ending. When back to home lot, received a wall notification that I got second and I received the ribbon and my pumpkin.

Message 2 of 99 (18,899 Views)

Re: No ribbon in Finchwick Fair

★★ Apprentice

My milk has seemed to go through fine, but my pies NEVER get a notification or ribbon, or my eggs. I do always get those back, even though I get no notification or reward, they go to my household inventory. I've only had one case of not getting something back from a contest, and it was something that actually won a ribbon ( milk ). 

Message 3 of 99 (18,866 Views)

Re: [CoL] No ribbon/message after Finchwick Fair

★★★★ Novice

For me, the "big" competitions - Cow, Lama, Chicken, Big Crops seem to work but the "minor" accompanying competitions for milk, eggs, pies & wool don't get any notifications or participation ribbons.

Message 4 of 99 (18,816 Views)

★★ Novice

This has happened to me the 3 times I've tried. 

1st time I entered an egg. The mayor spent all the time chatting and dancing so I thought that might be the problem. Quit without saving and tried again. Took a chicken and egg this time. Got a participation medal for the chicken this time but nothing for the egg. 

3rd time I called the mayor over and she look at all the entries but the fair disappeared without any results again.

I am also losing the egg/chicken. They don't appear back in the inventory.

Message 5 of 99 (18,808 Views)

★ Guide

Me too! Really annoying, brought my best egg, waited all the way till the fair ended, the judge was there looking and taking notes of all the entries, then she just left.. WITH MY PERFECT EGG! I was pretty devastated.

Jokes aside though it is pretty disappointing, would love to complete in the fair but it will just take your entry and run, no notification other than 'the fair is ending soon, the fair has ended' kind of thing. 

Message 6 of 99 (18,792 Views)

★★ Guide

I've participated in three fairs by now, always with a different sim per contest. There's four sims in the household, but I submit just one entry per contest to keep it fair. So one sim submits entry to one contest, another to the second contest and two others take a break for that fair.

First fair was cow + milk contest. Cow got third place ribbon, no mention of the milk whatsoever, no info, no participation ribbon, no winner declared for milk.

Second fair was oversized crop + pie. Both entries won the first place.

Third fair was llama + wool. Llama won the first prize, but wool was not mentioned at all, no participation ribbon, no text or announcement of any sort.

I always sell and shop at the kiosks and do talk to people while there, although actually I did stay most of the crop + pie fair in the pub playing don't wake the llama. However, during the winning time on third fair they were all playing llama as well, although had been doing errands earlier. No idea if it's related or not.

Message 7 of 99 (18,761 Views)

In my game what I have noticed up til now is, that if I have one sim enter two competitions, one entry will get ignored, if I have two different sims participate (for example one enters the egg competition, the other the chicken competition), they will both receive rewards. 

Message 8 of 99 (18,751 Views)

★★ Guide
@Anska_Stormblade I enter two competitions (oversized crops and pie) with three different sim. Two of them enter oversized crops and third one in pie. Both from crops won and get ribbons and pie one didn’t get nothing. In the beginning I thought it was because I put large pie (12 pieces) but when I put regular one it was ignored too.
Message 9 of 99 (18,734 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [CoL] No ribbon/message after Finchwick Fair

★★★ Guide

Just happened to me with the pie contest at garden produce fair Frown 

Message 10 of 99 (18,649 Views)