by GlazeyLady

Original Post

[OPEN] [CoL] LLama/Cow placed into household inventory can't be placed

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.77.131.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Base game + all expansions, all game packs, all stuff packs, no kits
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Buy the animal shed. Buy a llama. Move the animal shed when the llama is out such that the llama goes into home inventory. Now try to bring the llama out of home inventory. Get message "Must be placed on specific objects" with moveobjects on or off, even when placing the llama right in front of the shed.
What happens when the bug occurs? Get message "Must be place on specific objects" when trying to bring llama out of home inventory after moving the shed and the game put the llama in home inventory.
What do you expect to see? I expect to be able to bring the llama out of home inventory and place him in front of the shed.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Installed Cottage Living.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted Title

Can't place llama from home inventory

Message 1 of 34 (84,203 Views)

Re: Moved animal shed; llama went into home inventory; Can't bring him out.

★★ Apprentice
@GlazeyLady Didn't think of this before submitting - tried action "Assign animal to shed." Nothing appeared to happen, but then I tried "Call over Cotton" and Cotton came right on out of the shed. FIXED!
Message 2 of 34 (84,173 Views)

Hero
@GlazeyLady I can't even get the llama to go in the household inventory. It's just placed somewhere else on the lot.

is there a trick to that ? Do you have to move it far ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 34 (84,126 Views)

★ Novice
@GlazeyLady were do you find the call over botton as i cant find it in my game
Message 4 of 34 (84,121 Views)

★ Apprentice

I have the same question. My llama is in my home inventory but I can't call it or assign it to the shed Frown

Message 5 of 34 (83,795 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@GlazeyLady I had something similar. I was moving house and so put my two animal sheds into household inventory.
Moved house.
Now my cow and llama are stuck in inventory. Wont let me place them. Shed says it is occupied yet wont let me call out eithee of my animals and when I try to assign them they are greyed out.
How go I get them back into the shed?
Message 6 of 34 (83,464 Views)

★★★ Novice

I'm having the same issue. No option to call the cow out, and cow is shown as greyed out in assigned animals. The cow is in my inventory. And can't place the cow like you can the chicken because it says "must be placed on specific objects". Tried clicking on and in the shed. Tried placing cow first, then shed and vice versa. I don't understand why chickens can be placed but cows and llamas can't...

Message 7 of 34 (83,278 Views)

★★★ Novice

hoping this shows the video larger

Message 8 of 34 (83,262 Views)

★★★ Newbie

You need to delete the old sheds originally assigned to the animals and then place new ones from build mode. Once you have the new sheds you can assign an animal from your inventory without it being greyed out. 

Message 9 of 34 (83,218 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@charleylarkin This worked for me - thank you!
Message 10 of 34 (83,202 Views)