Re: [OPEN] [CoL] High value entries loose at the fair over lower ones

by simvasion

Original Post

★★★★ Apprentice

I've brought in rare plants that were "perfect" quality, and pies that were "impeccable" quality, but somehow, I just get participation awards! I've had better luck winning the animal or oversized vegetable contests, but not those two for some reason.

Message 11 of 25 (1,127 Views)

★ Guide
@create1nsanity Here to update that I submitted a Death Flower of perfect quality to the garden competition and received a participation ribbon again.
How is this so broken :'D

I will try a perfect dragon fruit next, once my current household manages to graft one.
Message 12 of 25 (1,100 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

@Marinuttonen I ended up buying one from the magic realm because I'm a cheater cheater pumpkin eater. BUT yeah, it seems to be absolutely random for a few of us. I've even seen people cheat in oversized crops from debug with a weight of 0 and win a first place ribbon? But I'm lucky to get a participation reward for something I spent so much time in game taking care of???? It's really discoraged me from playing. At first, the participation rewards were an incentive to try harder, and I was so excited when I got my first participation reward. Once I got my 10th for things I tried so hard with, it became more of a slap in the face.

Message 13 of 25 (1,071 Views)

Champion

Are we sure that the other contestants just aren't bribing the Mayor to win? I'd love to watch closer and see if anyone slips her some simoleons...

I haven't been to that many fair events yet, but during one, I had one contestant insult another contestant's entry, and there was a message pop up with the dialogue, so maybe the other contestants do more than just stand there and passively watch?

Message 14 of 25 (1,065 Views)

★★ Apprentice

@simvasion I'm not sure that's something npcs could do. I know the dialogue which you probably saw was just them viewing the entry, which is something you can do as well to get an inspired buff from checking out the competition. 

Message 15 of 25 (1,028 Views)

★★★ Guide

I've been having this issue too and I'm very frustrated by it. My rainbow milk only received a participation ribbon when the two other entries were a normal milk and a pumpkin milk. My excellent status lemon also only received a participation ribbon. If I put the effort into getting nice things to enter, I should receive better ribbons for it.

Message 16 of 25 (949 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Another example of a clearly superior item losing to normal quality commons/uncommons. At least this time I actually placed out of three lol

https://youtu.be/5mwY5AzWC9I

Message 17 of 25 (934 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@create1nsanity I noticed that your excellent were winning participations, and now that you're entering magnificent quality items, you're getting third place. Perhaps they don't have it where you're ACTUALLY competing with the other contestants, but depends solely on the quality ( not rarity clearly ) of your entries?
Message 18 of 25 (925 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Still feels very off, like it doesn't seem like this was how the fair competitions were intended.  Like if it was just my entries factoring and not other contestants.  why would a contest be made like that?  I also feel like some of the other fair bugs might be connected somehow, like people losing entries and not getting participation at all?  Very big sign that something isn't right with the contests

Message 19 of 25 (922 Views)

★ Guide

Same issue here.  I entered a perfect quality snapdragon in the fair, as well as an excellent exotic fruit (dragon fruit) pie.  Not only did they both lose to lower quality items, I only received one participation ribbon.  The same thing happened in a previous fair for oversized crops.

Message 20 of 25 (834 Views)