Original Post

Accepted Solution

[OPEN] [CoL] 'Hero of Henford' Errand does not complete

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.77.131.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All but kits and batuu
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have "Hero of Henford" errand active with the "Win a competition at the finchwick fair" task.
What happens when the bug occurs? The errand never counts you winning the festival competitions.
What do you expect to see? The errand completing like the rest.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

My sims have been very active errand girls, and they've gotten the "Hero of Henford" errand a few times, yet I have to delete it everytime, because fair competition entries never count.

I will next game week test if the errand will complete if you only enter & win one competition (I have always entered both and only won one), or if it's completely broken.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted Title, Added Base Game Version Number

Message 1 of 15 (5,967 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] [CoL] 'Hero of Henford' Errand does not complete

Hero

- Hero of Henford errand completes after winning the competition at the Finchwick Fair even if you bribe the Mayor.

- Win a Competition at the Finchwick Fair and Give a Golden Egg to Agatha Crumplebottom both complete once the criteria have been fulfilled.

Fixed in Patch 1.92.145/1.65

If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 15 of 15 (2,714 Views)

All Replies

Re: [CoL] 'Hero of Henford' Errand does not complete

★ Guide

Here to update that it doesn't count even if you only enter one competition and win it.

Message 2 of 15 (5,885 Views)

★★★★ Novice

For me the Mayor'sErrand: Show off does not get completed even though I won 2 fairs now while it was active in the Sims work panel.

Message 3 of 15 (5,827 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I am also having trouble with errands. For example the signature drink errand from the bar owner. I can not order the baggly berry fizz no matter what I do. 

I also can't seem to do the errand to give a parcel from one villager to another because there isn't a social interaction that would allow me to do that, no matter how good my relationship is with villagers.

Message 4 of 15 (5,817 Views)

Hero
@Reekyteek Please create one thread per errand you have issues with.

Signature drink has a thread here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Cottage-Living-Signature-Drink-Errand/m-p/10540033#M191862

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 15 (5,797 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@Marinuttonen Same here.
Message 6 of 15 (5,755 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@Marinuttonen maybe you need to win more than one competition at all the festivals, like I think it may complete when you have first place Ribbons from all festival competition.
Message 7 of 15 (5,741 Views)

★ Guide

Then the quest has the wrong information, the task says to win a competition at the fair.

Message 8 of 15 (5,656 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Same here...

Message 9 of 15 (5,646 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Same, even double wins at multiple fairs does not complete the "Show Off! Win a Competition at the Finchwick Fair" objective.  I've had double wins at the Cow Fair and the Oversized Fair, I've tried bribing the judge and winning straight; this is not on me, this is a game problem.  I play straight with no cc, the only cheat I've used is "set growth stage" to counteract the "plants reverting to planted seed mounds for no reason" bug. I've used MOO once or twice to place things. I play all packs, I've cleared my cache. This is a fresh save to test CoL.

Message 10 of 15 (5,582 Views)