[OPEN] [CoL] Hatchable eggs disappearing/spoiling

by naeshelle

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] - [CoL] Hatchable eggs disappearing/spoiling

★★★★★ Apprentice

I'm playing on PC and have had several hatchable eggs spoil before they have a chance to hatch. It makes getting special chickens extremely difficult.

Message 61 of 177 (1,833 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I have no mods. My Hatchable eggs just spoil the next day in the coop. It's been going on for a few weeks now. When my sims go to "clean the coop" they take out the spoiled egg. I have everything but 1 kit.

Message 62 of 177 (1,795 Views)

★ Guide

Still happening.  Would be nice to have my chicks hatch again.

Message 63 of 177 (1,767 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This happened to me to but I figured it out. When you get a hatchable egg you have to click on a hen and click the option send to coop. This will make the hen sit on the egg most of the time unless sleeping or eating and will prevent the egg from spoiling. When I tried this it worked even though the hatchable egg in question was poor quality.

Message 64 of 177 (1,713 Views)

Re: chicken issues

★★★ Newbie

Good day,

I am having the same problem, all the eggs, no matter quality or special are getting spoiled in the coop, can i try your fix?

Thanks in advance,

Gogo

Message 65 of 177 (1,657 Views)

Hatchable eggs spoiling

★★★★ Apprentice

Every time I get a Hatchable egg I intubate it and it ends up spoiling. If I leave the lot it spoils if I stay on the lot it spoils. Please fix Standard smile:

Message 66 of 177 (1,636 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I have this issue too, its super annoying. however i did try all the slots, and i found that the one on the far right will actually hatch the eggs. The first on the left will disappear, the second slot will spoil and the third will hatch. 

Message 67 of 177 (1,601 Views)

★ Apprentice
@naeshelle I'm having the same issue. Eggs been disappearing
Message 68 of 177 (1,539 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@Simmersity wrote:

This happened to me to but I figured it out. When you get a hatchable egg you have to click on a hen and click the option send to coop. This will make the hen sit on the egg most of the time unless sleeping or eating and will prevent the egg from spoiling. When I tried this it worked even though the hatchable egg in question was poor quality.

This seems to be 50/50 for me in that, unless the Hens spend a whole day sitting on them and get's the timer to below one day before hatching, they will still spoil. It's also worth noting that the Hens incubating the eggs actually improve egg quality to excellent. However, excellent eggs will still spoil if they have more than a day to go before hatching as I stated.

Message 69 of 177 (1,486 Views)

★ Guide

As of July 2022, I'm having this issue still. I personally hate foxes and removed the Wild Foxes challenge from every single lot in Henford-on-Bagley. Have not added it to any lot in any other world. I have lots with chickens in several worlds and this happens in all of them. My Sims in both Henford-on-Bagley and StrangerVille can't hatch any eggs anymore. They seem to just vanish into thin air overnight in the coop.

Message 70 of 177 (1,447 Views)