[OPEN] [CoL] Hatchable eggs disappearing/spoiling

by naeshelle

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] - [CoL] Hatchable eggs disappearing/spoiling

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I too have experienced this. Even a rare hatchable golden egg just now. So annoyed! I have no mods.

I've had two excellent quality and a hatchable golden egg both "spoil" and get thrown out. One of them said that the egg was about to hatch and told me to go help it. I didn't as my Sim was sleeping and when I went to check on the new chick there was nothing there. 

Message 21 of 181 (3,842 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I have had sims carrying hatchable eggs in their inventory since the XP came out. - They just dont need new chicks all the time, or I wanna wait for some of the rare eggs to hatch like gold etc. But I noticed they all gone bad!

Since most sims autonomously dispose of spoiled items in their inventory, their all gone, it happens whiteout you even notice before it's too late.

It also seems like you can't drag food, fish and eggs around in the inventory anymore to "refresh" them. Maybe it wasn't on purpose, but it made my sims life so much easier! I really wouldn't mind that feature back. - I notice the two changes in the inventory at the same time. Maybe it's related?

Im on a Mac 

Message 22 of 181 (3,831 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'm also having this issue. I've tried just not cleaning my coop until the eggs hatch, but the sims keep autonomously going and cleaning out the "spoiled" hatchable eggs.  I've given up on hatching my own chicks. 

I've also purchased two chicks that just refused to grow up. They remained chicks for several weeks of in-game time. I eventually gave up and sold the chicks. 

With one of them it took two tries to get it to actually disappear.  I got the simoleans and the sad moodlet from my animal lover sim for selling an animal, but the chick was still on my farm. 

Message 23 of 181 (3,801 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@MaeBtoday Hey, I get the chicks aging bug too! The trick to that is to click on the chick, go to actions, and select put in inventory. Leave them in that inventory for a while (Long enough to at least get one notification that "Your sim has an animal in their inventory that is getting quite unhappy in there!"...something like that. You'll get like 4 of those. Then, just click on the chickie in your inventory and select place in world. I have had to do this maybe two or three times, but it always eventually works.
Message 24 of 181 (3,779 Views)

Re: [CoL] Hatchable eggs disappearing/spoiling

★ Novice

My sims throw away the hatchable eggs that are in the coop every single time they clean the coop or take out the trash.

Message 25 of 181 (3,734 Views)

★★★ Novice

Had about 4 hatchable eggs disappear before catching a sim go into the coop & dispose of one. Happened to every hatchable egg so far (1 regular and 4 or 5 golden eggs). Have never used mods in the game.

Message 26 of 181 (3,690 Views)

Re: [CoL] Hatchable eggs disappearing/spoiling

★★★ Newbie

I have had this exact issue, I have no mods on this save in fact I don’t have any mods at all and my hatchable eggs are spoiling inside the hutch then my sims are auto throwing them out. I hatched two eggs before successfully but I’ve put in like 5 now that have all been thrown away after “spoiling” it’s getting really annoying. The actual action the sims says it’s performing is a picture of an egg that says “clear out” and by the time you click it away they still take the egg out and by then it’s turned into a trash bag. I have tried buying a new hutch which didn’t work the same thing happened. It’s starting to ruin the experience as this is my first time fully playing out a starting from nothing, no cheats, country living game play.

Message 27 of 181 (3,685 Views)

★★ Novice

Hey!

Just wanted to say that I've recently got the dlc and I too have been having this issue. Mods or no mods = no eggs. In fact, I was never able to hatch any from the start. They either disappear for me or go spoiled. Frown would be nice to have this issue fixed ^^

Message 28 of 181 (3,584 Views)

★★ Guide

Same problem here, hatchable eggs spoil in the coop. Once they are spoiled sims will throw them away, so it might seem that they disappear, but what i have seen is that the sims clean the coop and take away the spoiled eggs. I played the expansion a few months ago and it worked quite well. Now i come back to the game and cottage living is a buggy mess, this bug, fair giving no result after it ends... i guess it is, as usual, updates breaking the older expansions....

Message 29 of 181 (3,510 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

I've just started a raising Chickens in the last day for the first time and they are going from Hatchable Excellent quality straight to spoiled while in the chicken coop

I'm posting a link to a shared file from Google Drive with my most recent save, it has a spoiled egg in the coop.

Never used cheat, never used mods, my game is up to date ( pc ) 

I have Cottage, Eco, Vamps, City, Tiny, Uni, Island, Cats & Dogs, GTW, Parenthood, Backyard, Outdoors.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1pB3MJ_CkDKIyVc86KuzZ8J-e_wjvESRy/view?usp=sharing

Message 30 of 181 (3,456 Views)