Re: [CoL] Hatchable eggs disappearing/spoiling

by RealTirreal

Original Post

Re: Hatchable eggs disappearing/spoiling

★★★ Newbie

I’m playing on ps5 no mods no cheats and my eggs keep spoiling before it hatches and my sims throw it out

Message 31 of 181 (3,274 Views)

Re: [OPEN] - [CoL] Hatchable eggs disappearing/spoiling

★★★★★ Novice

Hi all,  I'm not playing with mods. My hatchable eggs disappear if I go off lot.  They also disappear if I clean the coop, which is annoying as I have to wait and the other chickens get dirty and unhappy. 

The hatchable eggs sometimes go bad and my sim throws them automatically. It's become tough to get an egg to hatch at all.  

Message 32 of 181 (3,254 Views)

★ Guide

Same issue here.  I'd love to send a save file, but upon removing mods and attempting to load the lot, I get Error 111 and it tells me to relaunch.  I can't load the household without mods.

Message 33 of 181 (3,237 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@EA_Cade I have an unmodded save file here: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AuKACGNpxOqO-ECPL7f-JcPJFRuQ
Message 34 of 181 (3,149 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Hey all, 

I'm having the same issue, although I have mods and can't try with out as the save file will not load, PLEASE all that are playing with out mods send in save file to help fix this issue

If you leave the spoiled eggs on the coop and lock it off from the sim they will hatch, they have even hatched on their own, tempted to buy to coops, one for chickens and one for hatchery. Here is a Pic of the spoilage. Might try a new save wit out mods just to summit a file.

Message 35 of 181 (3,139 Views)

★★ Apprentice

ok I'm back, disabled mods, created a new game, within a day the hatchable egg spoiled, I noticed it was fine till a hen laid on the egg, then night time came and the chickens hid in the coop and the egg became spoiled. hey are the pics, and save files

Attachment
Download this attachment
Message 36 of 181 (3,089 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I made an egg(!)speriment: When I got a hatchable gold egg and a normal white hatchable egg I placed both in the same coop. They would both spoil but then I would grab them and drag them around. Even dragging them to the sims inventory and back to the coop. The Gold egg became "fresh" again, but the normal kept being spoiled. - I think when they disappear from the coop its because sims clean them up, like spoiled food in inventory or fridge. - Maybe a fox if your sims out?

I had to keep doing it until it finally hatched. I now have a little gold chick, but seems impossible to get any new normal chicks to hatch.

Its probably due to a bug the golden egg hatched, because I can sometimes do the same with fish, eggs and other spoilables in a sims inventory. But I hope no-one fix that bug! If I had left the golden egg untouched it would for sure not have hatched...

Im on a Mac so I dont now if a save is needed from me? But if needed I might be able to make one when I try again? 

(Or maybe it was fixed in the patch I can see is available today??? Im just not playing on any of my farms right now) 

Message 37 of 181 (2,908 Views)

★★★ Newbie

me too.. even I remove the mods and starting new games...  Also when sim visit other place  it also eggs are  disappear

Message 38 of 181 (2,867 Views)

★ Guide

This is happening to me too.  The hatchable eggs keep spoiling.  As far as the disappearing goes, my sims have been autonomously cleaning them up,

Message 39 of 181 (2,816 Views)

★★★ Novice

The same is happening to me too. I only recently got Cottage Living with the sale that happened not too long ago. I managed to get one normal egg to hatch, but Ive caught my Sim autonomously throwing away the hatchable eggs on several occasions. I googled to see if this is a bug or intended from the looks of it seems to be a bug. I cant provide a save file as I use mods (though none to do with CL), but I hope it gets resolved soon. 

Message 40 of 181 (2,794 Views)