by lostinmalloc

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] [CoL] Foxes wrongly appear as households in household manager

★★★★★ Novice

I am experiecing the same. 

Message 31 of 82 (1,592 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I bought the pack yesterday, and my households are already full of those foxes. :c When they visit me, I can't interact with them tho Frown Please fix this bug ♥

Message 32 of 82 (1,513 Views)

★★★★ Guide

I'm having the same issue:

Screenshot (294).png

Message 33 of 82 (1,379 Views)

★★★ Novice

I have what feels like hundreds of these fox households. Never ending scrolling past foxes tails. It's ridiculous!

Message 34 of 82 (1,263 Views)

Champion

I've got this too on Xbox series S. Some discussion on the feed about the Game creating tons empty households/Save game bloat/Insane lag told me they were foxes. I've been clearing out NPC households as there are so many more after cottage living (as discussed on the appropriate thread). I had several hundred NPCs and absolutely loads of these and deleted them too. No wonder my foxes have vanished from my game!

There are so many things to love about cottage living but the amount of bugs caused by that and the associated update, it's off the scale!

I don't work for EA. I'm a Volunteer.
+XP for helpful answers from fellow players.
Accept as Solution helps others find the answer.
Message 35 of 82 (1,193 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

I'm considering uninstalling Cottage Living until this is fixed.

Message 36 of 82 (1,064 Views)

Based on all I've read, I'm terrified to buy it. It's not even a refusal to buy; it's total paranoia. I am, therefore (of course), dying for them to totally fix this pack so I can see what all the *positive* fuss is about, lol.

Message 37 of 82 (1,055 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@bennibenasi wrote:

I have what feels like hundreds of these fox households. Never ending scrolling past foxes tails. It's ridiculous!

I am having this issue. I stopped counting at the 100 mark. I'm deleting all but like four. @crinrict Should I start a new bug report for this issue? 

edit:I I see there's a thread not about foxes specifically but I'll post my me too in that thread over there.

Message 38 of 82 (1,019 Views)

Hero
@moxiegraphix New bug report for what issue ?

There's three issues currently with households multiplying:

- Foxes: This thread
- Empty Households: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Game-creating-tons-empty-households/td-p/10543014
- Duplicate Agnes/Agatha: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/CoL-Multiple-versions-of-Agatha-and-Agnes-Crumplebottom/td-p/1...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 39 of 82 (995 Views)

Game Creating Empty Households with Foxes

★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.82.99
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play with your Household. Go to Henford on Bagley (visit the pub, for example). Check Households. There are empty houseolds with foxes.
What happens when the bug occurs? When you visit Henford on Bagley
What do you expect to see? Foxes not to be Households
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. First appeared when Cottage Living was released. Not fixed in 1.82.99 despite the patch notes saying the opposite

Adding a screenshot

Capture.PNG

Message 40 of 82 (969 Views)