Re: [OPEN] [CoL] Foxes wrongly appear as households in household manager

by Nettis2009

Original Post

★ Guide
@amanda-amethyst
To you who have MC Command Center, try hiding foxes.
you can do it if you click on the mailbox and MC Cheats.
There are alternatives to hiding households. Mccc does not usually affect the households that are hidden. But move the fox out first, so it is alone in the household.
Message 11 of 82 (2,694 Views)

★★★ Guide

@Nettis2009 I have been hiding the households, and it has been working. But the game keeps generating more and I missed that one. I think there are about a dozen foxes in my hidden households.

Message 12 of 82 (2,673 Views)

★ Guide
@amanda-amethyst Annoying when you have to keep track of new households ( fox ).
Message 13 of 82 (2,667 Views)

★ Guide

PLEASE DO NOT FIX THIS :
if we are unable to delete random new generated NPCs, the game will still churn them out every time we start the game and play for some time and they will quickly reach the max number of allowed households, resulting in the dreaded culling process that still plagues the game and that is only  manageable if you delete newly created  households at the start of each playthrough .
Actually, please make ALL NPCs that are in a household (rabbits maybe? not sure if they are an household) visible and manageable.
Not everyone wants to use mods (MCCC) to fix the game and there are no signs that the culling mechanic will ever be reworked. This unfortunately means the game will start deleting NPCs you cared for and even have relationships with, unless they were saved in the favorite menu, which has a 200 limit that barely saves every "official* household from every pack.
I'm not gonna have the Calientes get thrown into the abyss so that the game can spawn 30 different foxes everytime I go forage in Bramblewood, or the ghosts to get sent to afterlife because the game can't reuse the same NPCs but insists on generating them just for the occasion, boating your save data

Message 14 of 82 (2,573 Views)

★★★ Guide

@EsperAngel The issue isn't that we don't want to see them. The issue is that they should not be households at all. They are supposed to be (functionally) objects. The rabbits, chickens, cows, llamas are not households, hidden or visible. They do not count against the sim limit. That is how Collage Living foxes are supposed to work. Unfortunately, they are being treated like pets from Cats & Dogs, which are considered households and do count against the sim limit. The only difference (aside from how they look) is that, as far as I know, the only way to see most stray pets is with a mod.

Message 15 of 82 (2,563 Views)

★ Guide
@amanda-amethyst Agreed on everything - but realistically speaking, it's better for them not to touch them at all because as long as major problems exist, this is still fixable without mods
Message 16 of 82 (2,546 Views)

Foxes appear stretched out in Manage Worlds pictures.

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Also Mayor Whiskers is coming up invisible and when I go to edit him, he's not there and it's just a new Sim.

Message 17 of 82 (2,537 Views)

Re: Foxes appear stretched out in Manage Worlds pictures.

Hero
@violetsaregrey There shouldn't be any fox households in the first place. I merged your thread with the bug report.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 18 of 82 (2,529 Views)

Re: Foxes appear stretched out in Manage Worlds pictures.

★ Novice
@crinrict Thank you!
Message 19 of 82 (2,518 Views)

★ Guide
@crinrict Yep they're like that in my game as well. LilSimsie showed it off too before release. Also Mayor Whiskers and the dog who are not in world households are now missing.
Message 20 of 82 (2,512 Views)