Re: New Foods Added in Feb 9 SDX can't be cooked with Simple Living Lot Challeng

by MapleSimmer

Original Post

[OPEN] [CoL] Foods can't be cooked with Simple Living Lot Challenge (Feb 9 SDX)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.83.24.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All EP, GP & SP. Kits: Country Kitchen, Blooming Rooms, Throwback Fit, Incheon Arrivals,
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Add the Simple Living Lot Challenge to your lot
What happens when the bug occurs? You won't be able to see any of the nine foods added in the Feb 9, 2022 SDX.
What do you expect to see? I expect to see the nine foods even when I use the Simple Living Lot Challenge. Note that I am able to see the new foods if I remove the Simple Living Lot Challenge.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I added the Feb 9, 2022 SDX.

I usually use the Simple Living Lot Challenge, so at first I thought the new foods were missing but it occurred to me to test without the Simple Living Lot Challenge and then I noticed the new foods became available.  I did first test in a save with some minimum mod use, where the sim had maxed the cooking skill, so she had access to all nine new foods since the cooking skill needed ranges from level 1 (Rice cake, Japchae, etc) through level 7 (Steamed fish). 

I then tested in a save that used no mods (or cc) and had the sim get to level 7 of cooking skill and had the same experience. The foods are available to cook if you don't have the Simple Living Lot Challenge on (see example for the level 7 steamed fish):

No description available.

However, if you add the Simple Living Lot Challenge, the new foods aren't available (see example where you can no longer see the level 7 steamed fish).

No description available.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted Title to fit

Message 1 of 8 (2,016 Views)

Re: Cannot cook new food

★★ Guide

Can confirm that for me at least, the simple living lot trait prevents the new recipes from showing up and I suspect it's because they forgot to give them "mandatory" ingredients.

Message 2 of 8 (1,776 Views)

Hero
@CCuteCCabaret I moved your post over to the thread for the simple lot trait.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 8 (1,768 Views)

★★ Guide

I was attempting to try to fix it myself and realized the xmls for these foods just either aren't extracting or straight up do not exist and I wonder if the real issue is that the sims delivery didn't download or install correctly? I remember mine finishing awfully fast. Might be another cause to look into.

Message 4 of 8 (1,724 Views)

Re: New Foods Added in Feb 9 SDX can't be cooked with Simple Living Lot Challeng

★★★★★ Apprentice

Having this same exact issue as well. I could see the food on one lot, which didn't have the Simple Living lot challange, and when I switched households to another lot I was playing which did have the lot challenge, the new recipes wouldn't show up.

Message 5 of 8 (1,708 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Today’s update (or SDX) has 50% fixed this: the new Korean recipes have been updated to work with Simple Living but the Brazilian recipes were not.

Message 6 of 8 (1,622 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Pro

I was just coming in to say the same thing, the new Korean and Asian recipes can now be cooked the Simple Living lot challenge but the Brazilian recipes can't, though I can see them when I turn the lot challenge off. 

Best regards,

Jennifer

Message 7 of 8 (1,603 Views)

★★ Guide

I think this might actually be an SDX problem. I can now extract the korean recipe XMLs, but the brazil ones are still nowhere to be found, which again leads me to believe that they aren't being downloaded and installed properly. We had a patch today which probably "finished" giving us the SDX content, but not completely, as the brazil recipes are still bugged.

Message 8 of 8 (1,590 Views)