Cleaning up dust piles after cleaning out the stable or chicken coop

by Jokeg

Original Post

[OPEN] [CoL] Cleaning Chicken Coop starts general cleaning

[ Edited ]

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.77.131.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All but the Oasis and Fitness Kits
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? By cleaning the chicken coop while the indoor trash cans aren't empty.
What happens when the bug occurs? After cleaning the coop, the sim starts also emptying all indoor trash cans as part of the interaction.
What do you expect to see? That the sim does not also clean the house but continues with queued tasks instead.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

When I tell a sim to clean the chicken coop they afterwards start also emptying the indoor trash bins. That does not sound like a huge issue (it is very diligent of the sim)  but if you play on a large lot this can take up a lot of the sim's time because you can only cancel the general house cleaning after it is lined up with the queue (I am currently playing with the Watsons for example). One might also not want to empty the bins but rummage for bits and pieces instead.

As I said, it's not a huge issue and can be avoided by cleaning the bins before cleaning the coop, but it is a bit annoying and I don't think it's intended like this.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 7 (1,931 Views)

Re: [CoL] Cleaning Chicken Coop starts general cleaning

★★★★★ Newbie
@Anska_Stormblade I'm on a console and I'm going threw the same thing. I even had a coop in my magic spaghetti.
Message 2 of 7 (1,806 Views)
Highlighted

Cleaning up dust piles after cleaning out the stable or chicken coop

★ Apprentice

Which language are you playing the game in? Nederlands
What is your current game version number? 1.81.72.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them except Star Wars and Paranormal
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a dusty house, a dirty stable and/or a dirty chicken coop.
What happens when the bug occurs? Whenever you perform the action Clean stable or Clean Chicken Coop, the sim will do the action but will also after cleaning out stable or coop immediately go into the house and gather a dust pile to throw in the bin.
What do you expect to see? I expect to see the Sim clear out the stable and coop, not gather dust in a bag inside the house.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Whenever you perform the action Clean stable or Clean Chicken Coop, the sim will do the action but will also after cleaning out stable or coop immediately go into the house and gather a dust pile to throw in the bin.

Message 3 of 7 (1,706 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [CoL] Cleaning Chicken Coop starts general cleaning

★★ Pro

This does happen otherwise too when a sim cleans up something and they start taking out all the rubbish bins and that's not what I asked them to do. It requires annoying micromanaging where you have to explicitly stop sims from doing this when they're just supposed to take care of their animals so I hope to see this fixed in a way that would apply to all similar behaviour where cleaning up one thing turns into a two-hour marathon walking around emptying all the bins.

Message 4 of 7 (1,432 Views)

Champion

Pretty sure most removal of trash type actions lead to auto-queuing all removal of trash. Tell a Sim to clean the litter box or dispose of a dead plant, and they'll also clean the coop, collect trash piles, and take the trash out.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
I am a Volunteer for Answers HQ, I do not work for EA
She/Her
Message 5 of 7 (1,414 Views)

★★ Pro

Yeah and it makes no sense. It's fine and totally desirable if the maid does that but not with your own sims let alone neat sims that visit your house and then walk around your house picking up trash. That's actually creepy. Please don't go to my bedroom or my ensuite to pick up trash, that's inappropriate. And if you try to interact with those guests they will just drop the pile of rubbish on the floor.

I've noticed that cleaning up the toddler potty actually Does Not initiate this cleaning nuisance so I wish other trash picking actions used that same code!

Message 6 of 7 (1,376 Views)

Cleaning a shed triggers taking out the trash

★★★★★ Apprentice

Which language are you playing the game in? Deutsch
What is your current game version number? 1.103.315.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Clean an animal shed or chicken coop while having a non-empty trash can inside the house.
What happens when the bug occurs? After cleaning out the shed or coop, the sim will autonomously take out any trash in the house.
What do you expect to see? I'd expect them not to autonomously queue in other interactions.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

This gets pretty annoying if you are playing with both farm animals and also newborns/infants on the same lot. Because the devs chose to make us clean all the sheds and all the coops every single sim day, the cleaning sim will always, after cleaning out the first shed, run over the entire lot through the house to empty some trash can containing a single diaper. This cannot be a design choice, this is an oversight. Please fix it.

It's just absurd, the sheds and coops aren't even part of the house and often times players will put them far away from the house actually. And if you're arguing that this was in fact a design choice, then please explain to me why it doesn't work the other way around, why cleaning out one shed or taking out the trash will not trigger cleaning out the other sheds.

Message 7 of 7 (699 Views)