Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [CoL] Chickens sometimes don't eat treat

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.77.131.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Everything except for Journey to Batuu, Dream Home Decorator and the kits
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Try to feed chicken one of the treats.
What happens when the bug occurs? Approximately half the time the chicken walks away and does not eat the treat. The treat is then left on the ground and can't be used. It's happened with just about every treat I've tried so far, sometimes they eat it, sometimes they don't.
What do you expect to see? I expect to see the chicken eat the treat.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I don't know if it's by design or a bug, but my chickens only eat the treats I give them about half the time. Otherwise they walk away and leave it on the ground. Then the treat is wasted, I can't do anything with it except for having my sim throw it away. My llama always eats the treats my sim gives them, so this is kind of frustrating when I'm trying to do something, like get certain color eggs. I did have mods, but I removed them before installing CL.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 17 (4,344 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] [CoL] Chickens sometimes don't eat treat

Hero

Fixed an issue where Chickens would not eat treats.

Fixed in Patch 1.99.264/1.78

please create a new thread if you're still experiencing this issue,

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 17 of 17 (2,041 Views)

All Replies

Re: Chickens sometimes don't eat treat

★ Guide

I’ve noticed my chickens not eating treats as well and I don’t play with any mods. I’ve found making multiple treats and then giving a treat to two or three chickens you at least have two chickens that will eat the treat so you still get the speciality egg

Message 2 of 17 (4,310 Views)

Re: Chickens sometimes don't eat treat

★★★ Guide

I don't always have the resources to make multiple treats.

Message 3 of 17 (4,298 Views)

Re: [CoL] Chickens sometimes don't eat treat

★★★★ Novice

This is happening to me too and I'm really bummed, my rare Midnight Treat got wasted and I didn't get my evil chicken Frown

Message 4 of 17 (4,237 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

@Cabelle1863I have started noticing this issue, too. My young adult chickens were taking the friendly and healthy treats at first but then all of a sudden, they stopped eating it. At some point only my hen would eat it but then my rooster started walking away. I tried to give one to their chick, too and it walked away. Also, I had a hatachable egg that never showed up in my sims inventory. Later, I got another egg that I tried to have my sim hatch but the egg hatched before she could do the animation. After the chick hatched in the coop, my sim still did the animation to let the egg hatch in her hand after I canceled the interaction and the chick disappeared. I'm wondering if the coops are bugged. I actually replaced the coop and logged out of game. I'm hoping it'll just fix itself somehow.

Message 5 of 17 (4,217 Views)

★★ Novice

This happened to me today ;( I was so excited to get an evil chicken esp while doing rags to riches challenge lol

Message 6 of 17 (4,173 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Same here! The only option is to throw it away once it's on the ground. I forgot to feed my chickens one day and they didn't even eat it and screamed about starving. 

Message 7 of 17 (4,164 Views)

★★★ Guide

Oh man, I just lost two golden treats in a row to this. The first chicken went to sleep, and the second one just kind of... wandered off. If I could at least either return it to my inventory or call a specific chicken to it, that would be one thing but no... they'll never get eaten now. Just gotta throw them away.

Not exactly happy at the moment Frown

Message 8 of 17 (4,095 Views)

★★ Guide
@wombatilim That would've been a nice touch to have the ability to call to meal. I was wishing that was a thing, too when it first happened to me. I had 2 healthy treats wasted bcus of this.
Message 9 of 17 (4,085 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [CoL] Chickens sometimes don't eat treat

★ Apprentice
@Cabelle1863 I did notice the chicken is more likely to ignore the treat if you have other interactions queued up after the feed treat interaction. Its not guaranteed but I've found if you want to increase the odds of the chicken accepting it make the feed treat the only interaction in the queue.
Message 10 of 17 (4,040 Views)