Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [CoL] Canning related Sentiments for non-canning presents/gifts

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.77.146.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All packs released at the time of this post except for Country Kitchen Kit.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Using the gift related interactions such as "Ask For Present" from Father Winter, "Friendly Gift", "Romantic Gift", "Funny Gift" and "Mean Gift".
What happens when the bug occurs? After receiving the gift, Sims get canning related sentiments when the gift was not canning related.
What do you expect to see? I would expect to see sentiments that are more general gift related rather than canning specific if the gift was not a canning product.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

The below screenshot shows the sentiments from each side being canning related when Father Winter gave an element to my Sim as a gift.

Father Winter - Ask for Present.jpg

*edited to make the post more gift related in general (as opposed to Father Winter specific)

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 25 (4,497 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] [CoL] Canning related Sentiments for non-canning presents/gifts

Hero

Your Sims will no longer get Canning-related sentiments when Father Winter gives them a gift unrelated to canning. Don’t worry; you’ll always be jamtastic!

Fixed in Patch 1.104.58/1.86

Please create a new thread if you're still experiencing this issue,

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 25 of 25 (771 Views)

All Replies

Re: Canning related Sentiments when receiving non-canning present from Father Wi

Champion
@MooglePlays I get this for any gift given in general, not just Father Winter. For example, for Love Day, one of the traditions if give flowers. So I used the romantic gift option to give flowers and got a canning sentiment about it being a jamtastic gift...
Message 2 of 25 (4,447 Views)

Re: Canning related Sentiments when receiving non-canning present from Father Wi

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

@simvasion That is interesting. In my save, I seem to be able to trigger both canning sentiments consistently when trying with different Sims and Father Winter. So, I went back in-game to test out other options. I did see canning sentiments when gifting a non-canning item with the Friendly Gift option or the Romantic Gift option, but they didn't seem to always trigger on both side. Maybe it has to do with traits as well. Wondering

Message 3 of 25 (4,420 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

For me, this didn’t happen with Father Winter, but Agnes Crumplebottom. My Sim gave her a “mean gift” and received the romantic sentiment ‘You’re my jam.’ Super weird and unexpected. Editing this to add that I play on PS4.

Message 4 of 25 (4,401 Views)

★ Apprentice
@be-strong-be-pop I just got the chance to try the Mean Gift as well and the giver didn't get the "You are my Jam!" sentiment. However, the receiver did get the "A Jamtastic Gift" sentiment. That certainly doesn't seem appropriate for a mean gift. I hope the Sims Team gets to look into tweaking what triggers those canning sentiments.
Message 5 of 25 (4,358 Views)

Re: Canning related Sentiments for non-canning presents/gifts

I have this too. It happened with a neighborly gift of a MySims figure, and a gift from Father Winter of a gnome.

Message 6 of 25 (4,320 Views)

★ Guide

It's always a positive sentiment too, just ran into this when Father winter gave my sim a large pet poop and she got a jamtastic sentiment out of it.

Message 7 of 25 (4,297 Views)

★ Apprentice

@Marinuttonen wrote:

It's always a positive sentiment too, just ran into this when Father winter gave my sim a large pet poop and she got a jamtastic sentiment out of it.

Raised eyebrow Wow! That certainly doesn't seem right.

Message 8 of 25 (4,235 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

This is happening to me as well, with many sims in my household. The most notable being when my evil child gave a mean gift to father winter, only to have him get a "jamtastic gift!" sentiment about the whole thing, though he clearly disliked the 'gift'. 

Message 9 of 25 (4,160 Views)

★★ Guide

Happening on XBone as well...gave a mean gift to another sim (not father winter) and they got that canning sentiment...

Message 10 of 25 (4,145 Views)