by Nakashimafied

Original Post

[OPEN] [CoL] Can only make Pumpkin Conserve from orange pumpkins

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.77.146.1230
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All (BTDK currently disabled via command line options)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Grow a green or white pumpkin, harvest it, then try to make Pumpkin Conserve
What happens when the bug occurs? Option for Pumpkin Conserve is unavailable
What do you expect to see? I should be able to make conserve out of my pumpkins, no matter what color they are
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

75% of my pumpkins have turned out white, with the occasional orange or green. Still haven't figured out a way to influence the color, if that's even possible. The only time I'm able to make Pumpkin Conserve, though, is when they come out orange.

• No mods/CC installed through the lifetime of this save file
  • I've had the issue with multiple households on multiple lots, though admittedly I haven't tried a fresh save yet since they take a while to grow
  • I'm able to cook with the white and green pumpkins, and I can make them into animal treats. I just can't make Pumpkin Conserve from the Canning menu.

Screen Shot 2021-08-07 at 11.59.37 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-08-07 at 11.59.53 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-08-08 at 12.00.08 AM.png

The pumpkin in question when I captured these screenshots happened to be green, but it absolutely happens with the white ones too. Seems a waste to cook a single pie or make a single treat out of my oversized pumpkin, when a batch of conserve would last me so much longer, especially considering just buying a small one from the grocery shop is more cost-effective without the canning option.

EDIT: Merged thread with another with 11 me toos

Message 3 of 11 (5,147 Views)

[OPEN] [CoL] Can only make Pumpkin Conserve from orange pumpkins

[ Edited ]
★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.77.146.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All but luxury party, perfect partio, romantic garden, bowling night, mos chino, fitness, throwback fit kit and courtyard oasis kit
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Pumpkins harvested will not be able to be canned and pumpkins will not be orange
What happens when the bug occurs? The pumpkins won’t turn orange, they’re either white or green and I cannot make pumpkin conserves. Doesn’t matter what size they are I have tried all sizes
What do you expect to see? Orange pumpkins and able to can pumpkins
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

‌Edit By Crinrict: Fixed Duplicate Template

Message 1 of 11 (5,451 Views)

Re: Sims 4 cottage living pumpkins

[ Edited ]
Hero

@bem052698 Could you please make two separate thread for this. One for the canning and one for the color.

I can confirm the color happens on PC as well. Mine is also all white, haven't tested canning.

Best to edit this post to make it about one of the issues only and then create a new thread for the other

Thank you

Guess there's several colors but you can only make pumpkin conserve from orange

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 11 (5,424 Views)

Re: [CoL] Can only make Pumpkin Conserve from orange pumpkins

★★★★ Apprentice

I just ran into this very problem. Made a perfect oversized green pumpkin, but can't can it. 

Message 4 of 11 (5,064 Views)

Re: [CoL] Can only make Pumpkin Conserve from orange pumpkins

Hero
Merged two threads that seem to be the same issue.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 11 (4,974 Views)
Highlighted

Re: [OPEN] [CoL] Can only make Pumpkin Conserve from orange pumpkins

★ Guide

Bumping this up since this is still a problem. Just grew a perfect green oversized pumpkin and I can't can it. 

Message 6 of 11 (3,916 Views)

★★★ Novice
@wombatilim Same here, can't can with anything but orange pumpkins.
Message 7 of 11 (3,300 Views)

★ Guide

I just ran into this problem, I can do anything else with the green pumpkins I grew but I can't make pumpkin conserve from them.

Message 8 of 11 (2,173 Views)

★★★★★ Pro
@wombatilim Still a issue today.
Message 9 of 11 (1,330 Views)

★★★★ Guide

i have this problem too.

Message 10 of 11 (1,299 Views)