[FIXED] [CoL] Animal Aging off, Animals Still Dying

by ChemicalPrncess

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] [CoL] Animal Aging off, Animals Still Dying

★ Apprentice

I have been losing chickens, rabbits and other animals like that to old age even though I have aging off. I was working for me before but ever some of the newer packs came out it's been broken. It's still broken. 

Message 81 of 265 (1,321 Views)

Re: [CoL] Animal Aging off, Animals Still Dying.

★★★★★ Guide
@MarleyTheWizard So unless we go the Fichwick Fair our beloved animals are safe? I can live with that, if that's the case. Thank you Standard smile Though please maxis sort this so we can win our ribbons and stuff, after all that's what we paid for with this pack. Standard smile
Message 82 of 265 (1,306 Views)

★ Novice

i have had this issue recently too & it's really bothersome.

my bunnies have disappeared (assumed they died) and foxes also grow into elders and die. so does my chickens.

i've checked multiple times aging is off and it is. i've also tried to start a new save or simply replace my animals but it still happens. 

hoping for a fix soon.

Message 83 of 265 (1,262 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

Hello, it seems that the problem has existed since 2021 but they have not yet found solutions, and this makes playing with these animals problematic Frown .... I have also checked and made various tests and in various rescues but nothing ....  Devil

Message 84 of 265 (1,251 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I'm having this problem too. I've disabled animal aging (*unchecked* the box) and still have animals aging up and dying. I've scoured the internet and tried all sorts of scenarios to try and fix this, but haven't found anything that works. I just started playing Cottage Living and was so excited to have all these interactions with animals but now I actively avoid playing with this pack because I just can't bear to have the animals die. It's a huge shame because this pack is so great in other ways... but this is a dealbreaker. 

Message 85 of 265 (1,218 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@damalojo I fully agree, same situation, I love that package, but for these reasons I avoid playing with it ...
Message 86 of 265 (1,178 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I've read through this entire topic after scouring the internet for answers. I've been experiencing the same problems. I just started playing last week after leaving my save file for awhile due to some personal stuff. Anyways, I had a feeling to play Sims, cuz I noticed the leaves are changing in real life and it made me wanna play with the seasons in Sims, lol. I was excited to play with the animals, I had a cow and three hens saved. All young adults. I always play with aging on all Sims off. I noticed this didn't work on the farm animals, so I searched settings to find the option to turn off aging in the pack. I was thrilled! 

I was having a ton of fun... til I realized it wasn't working. I took one hen to the fair. She stayed in my inventory, I didn't realize this cuz I haven't played enough yet. I get a notification for one of the two other hens she is an elder and grim reaper coming... I freaked. I checked and rechecked the box. It wouldn't work. When I realized the one hen was in my Sim's inventory, it said she was an adult, but my two others are elders... They were all young adults and I wanted to keep it that way. Well the reaper came and I was quite upset. I feel sick just thinking about it, to be honest. I've lost three hens. I don't wanna hatch any more eggs cuz I'm scared of them aging. I do not want to play my game like this, dealing with death and grim reapers every dang time I play. I keep rechecking the boxes. Now yesterday I clicked on my cow to see her happiness level and realized she was an elder, too. I saved what I had and quit. I don't want to play cuz I don't want my cow and more chickens to die. I dread logging on to use a pack I paid for. Let's just say I was shocked to seee this original post from over a year ago.

I've tried looking for treats to de-age, any cheats that would de-age, any cheat to prevent aging, but I can't find anything. Now I'm scared that even if there is a fix I can't de-age the cow or chickens from elder even when they shouldn't be.

I also have a problem that I can't seem to find information on anywhere. I hatched three chicks from eggs before I realized this problem. When they hatched, they were full grown chickens, but when clicked on they say 'chick'. I've never seen the chicks! Lo and behold the 'chick' which looks like a chicken also ages. For this reason I don't hatch any new ones. 

Let's just say this has gotten pretty depressing and it shouldn't be like like this after a whole year! I don't play a game with a pack that cost money to watch animals die. I love animals and it's the freaking reason I bought it in the first place! I waited months for it! This isn't even a funny glitch or just weird... this is affecting people emotionally. Sims is my escape from the real world. It's a happy place for me where my Sims and their animals and pets are happy.  Please make this a priority like some other people have said! It is really important! 

Sorry for long ramble. I posted it cuz 1. Need and want fix and 2. I know there's others out there that feel the same way. If you've experienced the loss of a pet then this kinda glitch can really mess with you. I beg you guys at EA to fix this as soon as possible! Thanks for reading.

Message 87 of 265 (1,084 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@KittyInBoots17 Hi, I agree with everything you wrote, it's my same situation;
I love animals too and that's why I bought it and for me too, the Sims is my escape from the real world;
So it should be a happy place, where Sims, their farm animals and pets are happy, and immortal if the player wants them;
At least in a game, it would be nice, especially for those who have already experienced the death of their pets in reality, (like us) to be able to choose that the animals do not die, since it already happens in reality, and also reflect it in the game, if not you want it is not beautiful ...

EA probably doesn't consider this a major problem, not being a major glitch or bug, but for some people it is emotionally nonetheless, and they should fix it as they have recently done with other, newer set bugs ...

In the game, with the treats you get from the dispenser of the veterinary clinic, you can change the ages of Dogs and Cats, and there is also something for the rodents of the first animal stuff, but unfortunately for cows and chickens, there is no way to fix this problem. that the EA has been ignoring for 1 year now ....

Me too, I searched but I did not find tricks or Mods to solve the problem and I stopped playing with that Expansion, and given the cost, that they have not yet found a solutionfor 1 year, it does not seem very correct ...
Message 88 of 265 (1,043 Views)

★ Pro

I absolutely agree with @KittyInBoots17 

It's a shame how this subject gets simply ignored by the developers. At least it seems that way. NO FIX ever, just words!

Players have wanted farm animals so much and now that there are finally some new, wild animals, there is mass death in the game because there are so many bugs in this expansion. I'm not sure if the "comedians" are aware of what kind of impact this can have on various players. Especially when the player managed to friend them and then see them dying even with aging OFF! The joy of having new animals in the game has sunken to rock bottom for many, followed by sadness and disappointment.
However, animals are not toys, and should not be portrayed as such in any game. A disclaimer for that matter should also be taking in consideration.
I am well aware that wild animals also die at some point, but what is offered here in this expansion is totally exaggerated and far from reality. You left out the doghouse in Cats&Dogs because you thought it was cruelty to animals and not up to date? But it's ok for you to let the new animals die in just a few days and equip them with idiotic clothes, once again.

You support “forcing” animals into clothes, but are against a dog house? What kind of philosophy is that?? I know that it is optional, but it's still ok for you to make it available which is my point here. And what are these far from any reality stupid favorite preferences of the animals? Since when do animals like statues, books and god knows what? Plants revert when rabbits come to help gardening, foxes run around with open mouths, gifted packages lie around in different areas, animals still die with againg off, and so forth...

I hope that this unplayable expansion pack will soon get fixed cuz 1YEAR is really enough. 

Message 89 of 265 (1,016 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@LuvMySimz Hi, I agree with you, on everything!
And after 1 YEAR, in which they ignore this problem, I hope they do something, it starts to be ridiculous, other things have fixed them shortly after the appearance of problems
Message 90 of 265 (1,300 Views)