[FIXED] [CoL] Animal Aging off, Animals Still Dying

by ChemicalPrncess

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] [CoL] Animal Aging off, Animals Still Dying

★★★★ Novice

I just had this problem too! My evil rooster stopped Grim a couple of times, but eventually he came for my hen! I wasn't sure if I had aging on or off (please someone tell me if its supposed to be checked or not checked so I know after this bug is fixed) so I tried it checked and unchecked and my animals are still aging! I don't want to lose animals and especially not my bunny friends!

Message 11 of 265 (3,537 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@DaniDaring It's supposed to be not checked if you want it off.
Message 12 of 265 (3,512 Views)

★ Guide

Some of my befriended rabbits did indeed die while aging for animals was off.

Message 13 of 265 (3,501 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I haven't had any die yet but I having aging off and I keep getting the notifications that four or five chickens don't have much time left and they've become elders. 

Message 14 of 265 (3,421 Views)

Re: [CoL] Aging off, Animals Still Dying.

@loversg1rl Is sad EA should fix it
Message 15 of 265 (3,343 Views)

@kidlitwriter Is sad
Message 16 of 265 (3,340 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

I've lived through too much heartbreak losing pets in RL so why with ageing turned off are my animals in the game going to die?  I couldn't bear it, so I'll be putting all my animals away till this is fixed and moving back to Sulani.  Those animals have won me many ribbons and I've really enjoyed playing them and my sims adore them.  They'll be heartbroken to see them die.  I'm so upset about this, I can't begin to tell you.  Life is bad enough losing people to Covid, can we have one place where we can play without this added sadness?  That's why I play the sims, to get away from life problems.  Everyone plays differently, you gave us the option to disable the animals dying, now I have a lump in my throat as all my livestock, even a chick is "getting on in years".  This is very sad indeed and hard to cope with in these difficult times in the world.  I'll be branded as too sensitive, but I have a very big reason for playing the sims the way I do.  Please help us.  Thank you.

Message 17 of 265 (3,298 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

So now that I've put them in the household inventory and moved, I got a notification saying that chicks and hens were going to get a visit from the grim reaper.  Also it said that they were unhappy in the inventory, so I had to get them out and click destroy object, which is appalling.  I can't assign the Llama or cow to the shed, so it remains to be seen what happens.  their pictures are greyed out when clicking assign to shed.  What an upsetting and awful bug.  I'm sad enough destroying my chicks and hens, roosters, but a visit from the grim reaper would have broken my heart. and the message "one last pet..." that's pretty sick.  Takes me right back to a few months ago when my dog died and we had one last pet and kiss before she was put to sleep.  She had diabetes and had gone blind and wasn't reacting to the insulin anymore.  We struggled for years to keep her alive.  Now you do this to me when I play a game to take my mind off it all.  Plus I have relatives in hospital with the new delta variant who are very old, so this is a rough time.  How cruel and tasteless of the devs to put this feature in.  The sort of person that pulled wings off insects as a child would most likely come up with this! 

Message 18 of 265 (3,248 Views)

★★ Novice
@Gednaa That is absolutely terrible!! The world is scary, especially now with the virus, and your comfort game lying to you about death is certainly not something you want.
Message 19 of 265 (3,232 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

So to avoid Grimmy, I had to get one of my sims to get all the chickens in the coop and sell them. He was heartbroken and so am I.  I'm uninstalling Cottage Living and if you can't fix this bug, I want a refund.  It was expensive and also I didn't even get my pre-order gifts.  Just like I uninstalled Eco as it can't be used as it's too processor heavy.  That's a lot of money for 2 packs that can't be used. And the Bust the dust kit, that's 3!  All unusable because EA give us options that don't work and sick consequences, just when we were really getting into enjoying the new pack!

Message 20 of 265 (3,256 Views)