Re: [OPEN] [CoL] Animal Aging off, Animals Still Dying

by arisatounox

Original Post

★★★★★ Guide
I agree, it is very frustrating, also already from 2021 there is the bug and they still do not make the solution
Message 71 of 265 (1,544 Views)

Farm animals age up even disabled the animal aging option (Game breaking)

★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Steam-PC
Which language are you playing the game in? 中文(繁體)
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? Latest version
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Most expansions and game packs, some stuff packs
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? 1. Turn off farm animal aging option 2. Purchase some chickens and let them stay alive for many days 3. Chicken will age up to the next stage
What happens when the bug occurs? Chicken will age up to the next stage even farm animal aging option is disabled
What do you expect to see? Farm animal never age up when the option is disabled
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Farm animals age up even disabled the animal aging option (Game breaking)

Message 72 of 265 (1,523 Views)

Re: Farm animals age up even disabled the animal aging option (Game breaking)

★★★ Novice

I've started playing a few days ago after taking a long break from the Sims and letting all these major updates run through. This also happened with my Sim's chickens. I got four chicks, let them age up into young adults and then disabled aging for animals. All of them aged and died anyways.

Among this bug, I'm also noticing three other things very glaringly:

• Plants randomly die or turn into dirt piles, even when maintained meticulously.
  • Vampires do not gain Vampire Power from drinking Plasma from other Sims. (Correct me if I'm wrong but I think they used to)
  • The "Ask for Large Loan" interaction will always be refused, no matter the Relationship status or the Charisma level of my Sim.
Message 73 of 265 (1,464 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I'm on ps4 and having the same issue. Animal aging is off but my chickens become elders and get taken by the reaper. My plants also reset any time I leave the lot. Im posting so I get notified when it's fixed cause I dont feel like playing until then. 

And yall expect us to buy sims 5 lol

Message 74 of 265 (1,447 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Just happened to me for the first time. When I first got Cottage Living, the cows and chickens didn't age up because I have it disabled but recently my chickens have aged up and died. I do not have age up enabled ( the pack one is disabled as well) 

Message 75 of 265 (1,349 Views)

Re: [CoL] Aging off, Animals Still Dying.

★ Apprentice

With the aging off the livestock animals and the bunnies and such aren't supposed to die. This is something that started happening recently which is why I haven't been able to play one of my saves as I don't want my animals to die. 

Message 76 of 265 (1,326 Views)

Re: [CoL] Aging off, Animals Still Dying.

★★★★★ Novice

the cottage living disable animal aging never worked for me. Same with the Eco pack disable eco footprint and neighborhood voting... never ever works.

Message 77 of 265 (1,303 Views)

Re: [CoL] Animal Aging off, Animals Still Dying.

★★ Guide

Just to be clear, the animal aging box unticked means disabled? 

no matter the setting mine never grow or die unless they have been in the inventory

Message 78 of 265 (1,255 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@Katie90Crum Thank you so much for that tip! Saved my rabbit from the tree trunk!
Message 79 of 265 (1,200 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Is there any update to this issue? I understand it taking a lot of time, but has there been any updates to it?

Message 80 of 265 (1,545 Views)