Re: [OPEN] Clicking on face in cas goes IMMEDIATELY to detail mode....

by babuchas01

Original Post

★ Guide

I'm having this issue as well. I've only encountered it on creating new Sims (I haven't edited any existing ones since the patch), but I suppose that equals editing existing Sims in full edit mode.

It is really annoying, especially because you might just inadvertenly change a Sim's features (I know there's an undo button, but still).

Message 11 of 24 (1,004 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Thought I had problems with my mouse, but this sounds like the bug I have. It goes into detail mode even if I go from full body view. If I remember correctly, it doesn't show as if the detail mode is activated and that the rightside menu doesn't show, instead I just notice that I seem to "grab" the wrong parts of the face from what I expect.

Message 12 of 24 (979 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

This happened to me last night. It was the first time I've been in CAS since the update as I've been focused on building in a vanilla save. I specifically noticed that the toddlers in my family were normal, but it seemed like this was happening to every other age group. I do have mods and cc. I had been playing this family since before the update and it consists of one adult, one teen, three kids, and two toddlers. 

Message 13 of 24 (950 Views)

★★ Guide

I have seen it too a couple of times, but it seems to be random.

Message 14 of 24 (922 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Update- I’m playing a new save and made a new family and it did happen with them as well. Ages were adult thru child. Seems to depend on where you click on the head. Some spots are more sensitive than others but if you get the sweet spots it doesn’t go into detail mode. Maybe the “sweet spot” was easier to hit with my toddlers. 

@clurrie89 wrote:

This happened to me last night. It was the first time I've been in CAS since the update as I've been focused on building in a vanilla save. I specifically noticed that the toddlers in my family were normal, but it seemed like this was happening to every other age group. I do have mods and cc. I had been playing this family since before the update and it consists of one adult, one teen, three kids, and two toddlers. 

Message 15 of 24 (916 Views)

★ Apprentice

I don't know if it belongs here, but I'm also having an issue where I can't adjust my sim's body until I click out of the clothing menu and onto the sim. Seems like CAS is just boinked since they added the new categories.

Message 16 of 24 (883 Views)

Hero
@FireTheBlueSky this is working fine for me. I can duplicate the face issue but not yours. Are you using mods ? Could you please make your own thread ? Maybe with a video to see what you're doing.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 17 of 24 (866 Views)

★ Novice

Has there been a fix for this yet? This is really annoying and messes up my sim's face.

Message 18 of 24 (834 Views)

★★ Guide

It happens also if you click on the hair, not only on the face. 

Message 19 of 24 (805 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform: MAC 
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How ften does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.80.69.1230
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except paranormal stuff 
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Go to cas to modify sims with full editmode on
What happens when the bug occurs? when you click on the head, instead of going to hair/jewelry etc the game goes IMMEDIATELY to detail mode, which you have to back out of before you can continue
What do you expect to see? I expect when I click on the head to be able to edit hair, makeup and accessories, not details
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes 
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. This started happening immediately 1.80.69.1230

Edit By Crinrict: Removed formatting for easier reading

Message 20 of 24 (749 Views)