[FIXED] Clicking on face in cas goes IMMEDIATELY to detail mode....

by MadameNordica

Original Post

[FIXED] Clicking on face in cas goes IMMEDIATELY to detail mode....

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.79.93.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All - bust the dust is disabled
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Go to cas to modify sims with full editmode on
What happens when the bug occurs? when you click on the head, instead of going to hair/jewelry etc the game goes IMMEDIATELY to detail mode, which you have to back out of before you can continue
What do you expect to see? I expect when I click on the head to be able to edit hair, makeup and accessories, not details
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. This started happening immediately following the 9.7.21 patch

Anything to post the bug.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 24 (10,385 Views)

Re: Clicking on face in cas goes IMMEDIATELY to detail mode....

★★ Guide

Seeing this as well. I’m also getting the clothing options closing on me, when I spin the Sim around to look at the back of the outfit. It seems like the CAS controls are off, or kind of sensitive since the patch. 

Message 2 of 24 (10,342 Views)

Re: Clicking on face in cas goes IMMEDIATELY to detail mode....

★★★ Guide

It seems to happen randomly. If I have a family in CAS and keep clicking between them, sometimes it will go to regular face (hair, accessories, etc) and sometimes it will go to edit details. There is no pattern. The same sim will go to different editing levels at different times.

Message 3 of 24 (10,262 Views)

Editing hair after editing body in CAS opens detail edit mode

★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Español
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.79.93.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All packs.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Go into CAS, Click on the sim's hair, then click on the sim's body and click again on the hair.
What happens when the bug occurs? The second time I click on the sim's hair, instead of getting the usual face edit menu, it goes straight to face detail mode.
What do you expect to see? The face edit menu should be displayed whenever I click on the sim's face.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I updated to the latest patch.

After the 1.79.93.1030 patch, when I want to edit a sim, I find that the first time I click on the sim's face to edit it, everything's fine but then when I click away to make adjustments to the body/clothing if I decide to click back to the sim's face, instead of displaying the regular menu (Hair, Makeup, Accessories, etc) I go straight to face detail mode. I have to manually quit face detail mode to go back to the menu.

Message 4 of 24 (10,229 Views)

Re: Editing hair after editing body in CAS opens detail edit mode

★★★★ Apprentice

honestly thought it was just my mouse being hyper sensitive... 

Message 5 of 24 (10,209 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Clicking on face in cas goes IMMEDIATELY to detail mode....

★★★ Apprentice

I'm glad I'm not the only one with this issue!

I use a more columns in CAS mod, and assumed that was causing the issue (even though I had redownloaded the new update of the mod after it was fixed for the patch), but I took it out and it made no difference. It seems to happen no matter where I click on the head of the sim, I'm just taken instantly to detail edit mode, even if I clicked on the hair or any neck accessory etc. It's frustrating, but again, I'm really glad it's not just my game going wrong!

Message 6 of 24 (10,208 Views)

★ Apprentice
It happens to me once I move another clothing category like Formal or Party.
Message 7 of 24 (10,090 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

It happened to me several times yesterday and I thought it was my notepad, glad I'm not the only one with this issue. 

Message 8 of 24 (10,046 Views)

Re: Editing hair after editing body in CAS opens detail edit mode

★★★ Apprentice
@swixylu1 having the exact same issue, not just with hair like the post said Standard smile
Message 9 of 24 (9,926 Views)

★ Novice

It's every time for me. Like I'll be editing an outfit, or I won't have done anything yet and will click their face first to start with hair/makeup, and it zooms all the way into detail edit mode. 

Message 10 of 24 (9,865 Views)