Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Choppy Graphics after Sims Take a Photo

by skycrop

Original Post

Re: Issues with graphics after sims take a photo

★★★★★ Guide

@crinrict  I wasn’t sure if a screenshot would work or a video so you could see what’s happening with the graphics. I had an issue with CAS and the animation of the sim not matching the audio and the graphics were way off and someone asked me to take a video of what was happening and post it so they could see. I wasn’t sure how to do that with Windows or if it would help try to solve what’s going on. 

Message 11 of 32 (1,146 Views)

Re: Issues with graphics after sims take a photo

Hero
@candiecoatediv I think it's fine for the moment. QA needs to investigate this and if they'll need more info, they'll ask.

Just subscribe to the thread so you know if there's new info needed

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 12 of 32 (1,134 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@candiecoatediv I can confirm this happens to me every time I use any camera to take pictures. The game slows to a crawl. Part of me thinks it's due to the game creating the photographs and also altering the relationships of the Sims involved in picture taking.

Pressing the menu button to bring up the menu options and then exiting will bring the game back to normal speed.

PS4 Simmer
Message 13 of 32 (1,088 Views)

★★ Novice
@candiecoatediv have you tried to update the sims? it could help and if not try to restart your computer
Message 14 of 32 (1,062 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@Celinecutecat  Yes. I’ve done all of that. Repaired my game, taken my mods folder out, played a brand new game with a brand new sims folder, cleared all of my cache files.
Even a brand new game with a completely new sims folder still does this. As I mentioned I noticed this after DU came out. I notice the issue more if I’m playing a realm of magic save where this issue with graphics doesn’t just affect sims taking photos but the animation of sims practicing magic as well. 

Message 15 of 32 (1,043 Views)

★ Guide

I have the same issue, & had it on the old PC & the new one. Freshly installed game on a newly built PC (without any mods) & I had the issue happen in a brand new save.

Normally clicking the ellipse in the top right & opening the game menu will right the problem immediately.

It's worse after using the tripod, but it happens when taking any photos.

Message 16 of 32 (986 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Novice
@candiecoatediv I get the same issue on xbox. It gets worse if you take multiple pictures in a row.
Message 17 of 32 (970 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I started a freelance photography game and noticed the same issue. Framerate becomes almost unplayable for a while. It eventually clears up. I'll try the workaround Simvasion suggested.

(Windows 10, Radeon)

Message 18 of 32 (934 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Choppy Graphics after Sims Take a Photo

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

I just started noticing this problem, though it's possible it was happening before today. (Latest patch installed is Nov 19, 2020). I realize this is an old thread, but I just wanted to chime in to say that it's definitely still happening in my game, exactly as the OP described. I have NO mods and NO CC. 

Message 19 of 32 (899 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Choppy Graphics after Sims Take a Photo

★★★ Guide

I don't take a lot of photos, but I see this too randomly when doing "paint from reference". The workaround is the same as all the other frame drop bugs: open game options, hit apply without changing anything, and the framerate instantly recovers. Still obnoxious though.

Message 20 of 32 (869 Views)