Original Post

Accepted Solution

[NEEDS VIDEO] Choppy Graphics after Sims Take a Photo

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.61.15.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All Packs Installed
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have your sim take a photo either with their cell or the photo booth
What happens when the bug occurs? The graphics get very choppy for about 15-30 seconds then correct themselves. I am now starting to notice more choppiness throughout gameplay. My game has not crashed it just get really choppy then corrects itself almost like an 80s cartoon.
What do you expect to see? Not choppy graphics
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I want to say I noticed the issues after installing university. I thought maybe it was just a glitch after a specific patch. I am now starting to notice the choppiness more frequently throughout the game not just when taking photos.

I have recently installed a few mods and I have now uninstalled them and am repairing my game to see if that is the issue. I have the following laptop in which I play my game on ultra settings. 

ASUS ROG Strix III G GL531GU-WB74 15.6" 120 Hz Intel Core i7 9th Gen 9750H (2.60 GHz) NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 Ti 16 GB Memory 512 GB PCIe SSD Windows 10 Home 64-bit Gaming Laptop

I inquired a few days ago whether I would run into issues with installing custom content or more packs and was told I should be fine and should still be able to play on ultra. If I can attach a video I will certainly try, I do not remember how. 

Again this happens 100% of the time when my sims take photos of any kind and I am now starting to notice it during game play, but no crashes. 

UPDATE: I’ve taken out my mods folder and played my saved game and was able to recreate the issue. I’ve also removed my sims folder and started a fresh game and again had issues. 

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Tag

Message 7 of 32 (6,072 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] Choppy Graphics after Sims Take a Photo

EA Sims Team

Marked as Solution for Visibility. This is still an open issue.

Hello All,

If any of you are still encountering this on the latest game version (without mods), would you be willing to share your save file(s)?

If so, please send me a private message with a link to the file.

Instructions here: http://x.ea.com/74420

Thanks!

View in thread

Message 32 of 32 (1,294 Views)

All Replies

Issues with graphics after sims take a photo

★★★★★ Guide

I’m not sure if this is a bug or related to my individual laptop or not but whenever I have my sims take photos either with their cellphone or with the photo studio I notice the graphics when I return to gameplay are really choppy for about 15-30 seconds. It returns to normal but I wasn’t sure if anyone else has this issue? 

Message 1 of 32 (6,128 Views)

Re: Issues with graphics after sims take a photo

Champion
@candiecoatediv yeah, I get that too, but if I press escape to bring up the menu and then resume playing it clears up immediately. I don't remember it being like this when I first started playing but it's been like this for several months/patches now.
Message 2 of 32 (6,083 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

@candiecoatediv  I have a newer (only a few month old) PC with higher end graphics etc.
Taking photos by phone, camera or photo studio randomly causes a choppy stutter in my game for a short bit. 
I have settings on ultra and keep my graphics card up to date as well. 

Just now I was having this issue and just pause the game for a few seconds which helps a little.
Try going to the game graphics settings and turning on Vertical Sync to see if that helps.
You can also try Laptop mode.

EQ Avid Sims Player
I do not work for EA but I do volunteer at AnswersHQ to help others with their game issues.
EAGameChanger - The Sims 4 Gallery Creator
Gallery Tag: #EQCreations
Message 3 of 32 (6,081 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@EuphorialQueen @simvasion  Thanks for confirming I’m not the only one. I have a very top notch laptop and I keep everything up to date so that’s why I was puzzled. I’m sure it’s a patch issue. It’s not something that causes crashes or impedes my games play it’s just rather slightly annoying. 

Message 4 of 32 (6,054 Views)

Hero
@candiecoatediv Could you create a new thread in the bug forum ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 32 (6,014 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@crinrict  Yes! Once I get home and have all of the information I will get a separate thread in the bug forum. 

Message 6 of 32 (5,990 Views)

Hero
@candiecoatediv I merged your threads so we get all the info from the others in here too.

Needed new thread cause of template.

Thanks.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 8 of 32 (5,957 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

Okay I’m having a hard time finding instructions on how to capture an intake image so I can post here to show what’s happening. I had instructions in the past but that was for my Mac. Anyone know how I can accomplish this? 

Message 9 of 32 (5,874 Views)

Hero
@candiecoatediv you mean a screenshot ? Usually just press c

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 32 (5,865 Views)