Re: [OPEN] Children don't gain 'adult' skills

by SimInfinity

Original Post

child Sims 4 skill bug

★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
What is your current game version number? 1.65.70.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Sims 4 laundry pack, SIms 4 movie hangout stuff, Sims 4 discovery university, Sims 4 Vampires, Sims 4 Parenthood, Sims 4 Toddler Stuff, Sims 4 Realm of Magic, Sims 4 Season, Sims 4 get to work, Sims 4 Holiday Celebration Pack, Sims 4 City Living, Sims 4 Legacy Edition, Sims 4 Vintage Glamour Stuff, and Sims 4 Cats & Dogs
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Child with 10- creativity skill, play piano, piano skill doesn't show up…
What happens when the bug occurs? First time
What do you expect to see? To have kids have skills of Piano and etc.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Please help! 

Message 51 of 73 (1,750 Views)

★ Apprentice

Has anyone found out how to fix this bug? 

Message 52 of 73 (1,709 Views)

★★ Apprentice

My child is now a teenager and the bug seems to get carried forward as well. I have now level 8 of charisma and only need level 4 forgetting forward in an aspiration. But the game doesn't realise that my sim already gained charisma as a child (up to level 7). I even let her level up that skill to see if it would get registered in the aspiration.

I think the bug is connected to this one and hope it's okay I added it here. My first language isn't English and I game in German so sorry if I might have used the wrong terms for certain game aspects.

Message 53 of 73 (1,660 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Apprentice

That explains why my child in the new Eco save was never able to gain the Violin skill. I think she did get Charisma and a few others though. I scratched it up to the many many bugs in Eco.

The idea of putting the prerequisite skill to 9, leveling up then immediately starting a new skill seems interesting. But if it carries over into Teen...

Message 54 of 73 (1,583 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@SimInfinity On the kids I noticed it with, I reset the corresponding skill to 9, maxed it to 10 (again, although the skill bar will stay displayed at 9, you will get the pop message they maxed it out and the traits are still there for hitting it the first time), and then quickly hit at least one skill point for the skills kids can learn in that catagory before hitting save (as someone in a previous said, this is what triggered the glitch). For example, I reset creativity to 9, maxed it out again to 10, then had the child try the piano, pipe organ, and violin before saving. Then I did the same with their mental skill, re-maxed it out, and then tried logic and video gaming. If I remember correctly, the one skill I could seem to get was fishing that used to work, but I'm not sure if it corresponds to a childhood skill.

It worked great for my sims and it did carry over to their teen years. They didn't have any issues learning teen skills and kept the ones they earned from childhood.
Message 55 of 73 (1,543 Views)

After level 10 of creativity, children cannot develop skills

★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Deutsch
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.65.70.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansions, all game packs, and all stuff packs have I installed.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? If a child has level 10 creativity, let them play the violin.
What happens when the bug occurs? The level of the violin or piano does not rise.
What do you expect to see? I expect, just as it was a few weeks ago, that after reaching level 10 of creativity the children can learn the violin and piano.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I don't know exactly when the error occurred. I only noticed it because my child came out of school tense and he should play the violin gently. This option is available for children if they have built up the violin ability. I knew that he had played the violin so this option should have been available.

Game cleaned up, repaired and new game started.

Unbenannt.png

Unbenannt1.png

Message 56 of 73 (1,463 Views)

Re: [NEEDS SAVES] Children don't gain 'adult' skills

★★★★★ Apprentice

@JumpOverTheMoon wrote:

None of my child sims are able to build these skills. I had 1 child sim who could build logic skill. I don't know if this is fixed as they age into teens because each time I am losing interest because my gameplay is being interrupted. I've been following this post for a MONTH hoping that there would be a solution but there's still no sign, even after a new patch. EA, can you please sort this out? Or explain why it's happening. 

EA - I agree. This is unacceptable. I have also been following this for a month. You need to put a fix in for this like YESTERDAY. Please FIX THIS ISH

Message 57 of 73 (1,364 Views)

★★ Novice

I don't know if the bug is somehow triggered by completing a childhood aspiration. In my game the children could get the adult charisma and logic skills, but only if they learned them before completing a childhood aspiration. I have not tried, if they can learn other adult skills before completing a childhood aspiration

Message 58 of 73 (1,144 Views)

Re: child Sims 4 skill bug

★ Apprentice

After 3 weeks of trial and error, I finally got it. Don't max the skills via cheat put it at 9 or lower aftEr working on it, it should give you adult skills.

Just a simmer

Message 59 of 73 (1,082 Views)

Re: Cannot improve or gain new skills

★ Guide
@collette-m539 Regarding the mailbox, go into the build mode and try to destroy it with the hammer tool (the drag and 'sell' option might work, too). Then, just get a new mailbox. Good luck and happy gaming!
Message 60 of 73 (1,003 Views)