Re: [NEEDS SAVES] Children don't gain 'adult' skills

by to7m

Original Post

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Children don't gain 'adult' skills

★★★ Apprentice

I tried your suggestion  posted, and reset the mental/creativity back to 9. Sure enough, as long as I tried each adult skill after hitting level 10 of the corresponding childhood skill before saving (someone surmised this is when the glitch occurs), my child sim was able to earn the skill (charisma, violin, piano, pipe organ, logic, video gaming) like pre-glitch. An issue with that is the skill chart won't auto-populate the 10th skill again, looking like it is unfulfilled, but the trait is already there so it stays with them.

Another side glitch that resulted from this bug? My child sims don't register instrument playing for the creativity aspiration (play 5 hours).   I haven't been able to test it yet with a child sim where I haven't had to reset the creative skill (since this glitch appeared), but my sims didn't show any hours played on any instrument at all toward the aspiration goal. I had to cheat the aspiration fulfilled which I hate doing.

Message 41 of 73 (1,415 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Children don't gain 'adult' skills

★★ Novice

I just tried this and it worked!  Yay!

Message 42 of 73 (1,339 Views)

★ Guide

I have this too, is it still an issue? I am running all packs all updates etc no mods and children won’t learn logic 

Message 43 of 73 (1,294 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@to7m Yes. It seems to occur when you save after a child maxes their child equivalent skill (mental/creative) before your child has acquired the adult skill. It's not patched but you can work around it but what someone else suggested, by cheating the child back to level 9 of the corresponding child skill, then after maxing it to 10 again, immediately hitting all of the adult skills a child was able to learn before (logic, video gaming, charisma, piano, pipe organ, violin, etc. The child skill in the panel won't show as maxed again but they have the "creatively gifted" trait and their skills should stay when transitioning to teen (mine did).
Message 44 of 73 (1,276 Views)

★★★ Novice

Yeah, this is still an issue.

I only faced it for the first time today - very annoying. Anyway I'm going to try the suggestions here - hopefully EA can fix it some time soon. 

Message 45 of 73 (1,155 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Children don't gain 'adult' skills

★ Guide

Nothing about this in the patch notes today. Did it get fixed or no?

Message 46 of 73 (1,044 Views)

Sims child skil

★ Apprentice

My child sim has maxed the creativity skill but when she plays the piano the piano skill doesn't increase or even show

Message 47 of 73 (1,023 Views)

★★★★ Pro

This is still an issue for me.  I tested in a save where the child had maxed social, creativity and mental before today's game update (PC: 1.65.70.1020, no mods/cc, cache deleted and game repaired after update ).  She has unlocked violin and logic, but charisma is not unlocking for her.  I then had her max her motor skill and video gaming isn't unlocking for her. 

Best regards,
Jennifer

Message 48 of 73 (1,019 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Maybe, one of my kids got both the mischief and charisma skill after getting social up to level 10. Have to do more testing to be sure. But so far so good, might just be a coincidence though

Message 49 of 73 (1,011 Views)

Re: Sims child skil

Hero
@WickedPrincess8 Merged your post with the bug report on this

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 50 of 73 (1,002 Views)