Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Children don't gain 'adult' skills

by CGrant56

Original Post

Hero

@Dorabella123 @SarisenL92 

I tried dropping the 4 basic skills back to 9 yesterday using a mod and letting the child level back up.  While it appears to have worked somewhat in that I was able to get other skills to show, it caused my game to start throwing Last Exceptions.

So I would not recommend doing that.  

Message 11 of 73 (2,214 Views)

★★★ Guide

@CGrant56 That's not good.  I didn't get Last Exceptions but I did get a stuck skill bar above my sim's head and the counter on Creativity counting to infinity.  Very annoying.  I think I will just let them enjoy their childhood of endless playing with the doll house and wait till they are teens for the adult skills.

Message 12 of 73 (2,154 Views)

Re: Child sims cannot gain skills on musical instruments or fishing

Champion

@fozzieflipper , Hi! This is the Other Sim Games section for help with Sims 2, Sims Medieval and other Sim titles. I'm going to have your post moved to the Sims 4 forums. Just wanted to let you know.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 13 of 73 (2,140 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Children don't gain 'adult' skills

@fozzieflipper  I've merged your post with the bug thread on this issue.  Please feel free to click Me Too and add any other information you find relevant.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 14 of 73 (2,131 Views)

Hero

@Dorabella123  I got that too on the progress bars and the skill panel.  You probably got an LE too.  Most times you don't know it when they happen unless you use MCCC.  That gives you a wall popup when one happens so you can go check and see what it was.

I'm just going to complete what skills I can and just age the kids up to teens when they can't do anything more just to not have to deal with the idle hands as the old saying goes.

Message 15 of 73 (2,102 Views)

★ Guide

And me too. Save carried over from before the patch. Kids maxed out all their child skills. Already had some adult skills like piano and charisma. Those with can continue skilling up. Those without are stuck. Removed all mods and CC and tried again. No change. The console command would not allow the skill to be raised.

Message 16 of 73 (2,067 Views)

★ Apprentice

Ok sorry as above I did post in the Sims 4 bugs section

Message 17 of 73 (2,058 Views)

★ Apprentice
@fozzieflipper Thanks for all the responses I’ve noticed a few glitches after installing eco
Message 18 of 73 (2,057 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I was doing the Wonder Child Challenge and this has completely stopped me for proceeding. My sim had maxed all her child aspirations and was starting to work on the adult skills. It was only after saving and leaving the game that she is unable to learn new skills. She had reached level 2 in Charisma and can continue to learn that skill but is unable to learn others such as piano, media production or mischief. So something happens between leaving and restarting the game. This is with no mods and after repairing the game. Also changing lots didn't make a difference.

Message 19 of 73 (2,003 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Same issue as everyone else, my sim wasn't even conceived at the time of the recent patch, sim is now a child and after maxing the child skills, cannot learn anything else like logic, charisma, video gaming etc, if I try to cheat the skills, it just tells me that the child is unable to learn them as they are 'Adult Skills'. 

Message 20 of 73 (1,823 Views)