Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Children/Toddler eyebrows changing color both in and out of CAS

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.48.94
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all packs currently available
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a child in family while editing other household members or loading into live mode.
What happens when the bug occurs? The eyebrows on my child(ren) change color to where they are no longer matching the child's hair color but it still has the "match hair" box checked. AND even if I recorrect it in CAS (sometimes several times) it will occasionally change color again when I load into live mode.
What do you expect to see? The eyebrows to stay the way I put them, even if the color isn't matched.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

‌it's not always the blonde/blonder swatches. it will randomly be any eyebrow swatch that doesn't match. I've also had the hair change color, but it hasn't happened in a while.

Message 1 of 57 (10,586 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Children eyebrows changing color both in and out of CAS

[ Edited ]
Hero

Child Sims will not longer have their eyebrow color changed to Brown when they are set to Blonde.
○ Now both eyebrow and hair color will match as set by Simmers.

Fixed in Patch 1.58.63

Is it ? Taking feedback

New thread here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-Childrens-Toddlers-eyebrows-changing-color-Patch-1...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 55 of 57 (6,196 Views)

All Replies

Hero
Hi @OopsKarlithraOo

is this happening for all children or only vampire/alien children ? We still have an open bug for vampires/aliens but otherwise it should be fixed.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 57 (10,461 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

I've had this problem for quite some time, too. It happens to every child I have played with, not only vampire/alien children. 

It usually happens when you enter CAS mid-play, e.g. when a sim ages up and you want to change his/her apperarance. While you edit another sim from the household the childs' eyebrows decide it's time for a re-colour. 

Message 3 of 57 (10,434 Views)

Re: [TO TEST] Children eyebrows changing color both in and out of CAS

★ Guide

This happens to me constantly! It's the most annoying bug. I've only seen the eyebrows change when my sim children have blonde hair. The other hair colors don't seem to have any issue. And usually the eyebrows change to be black or dark brown so they really don't match. 

Message 4 of 57 (10,410 Views)

Hero
Does it still happen after todays' patch ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 57 (10,408 Views)

★★ Guide

Just checked, yes it does. 

Message 6 of 57 (10,371 Views)

EA Sims Team

Hello @KonekoFoxglove @Evie0602

Would you be willing to share your save files, so my team can take a look at them?

If so, instructions are here: 

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 7 of 57 (10,345 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

@SimQARobo sure, here you go: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AtLT9bwaqZxLdeWIoJD9cAK5H0M 
I uploaded it to OneDrive, I hope I did it correctly and you can open it. There's a family with three blond children in San Myshuno, so you can probably see it best there. Their eyebrows are supposed to have the same color as their hair. If you click back and forth between the children and the parents in cas, the bug should occur. 

Message 8 of 57 (10,321 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I want to add that this is not limited to children. It is affecting toddlers as well.

Message 9 of 57 (10,296 Views)

Re: [FIXED] [V] [GTW] Eyebrows and Facial hair changing to match hair color

★★★★ Novice

I’ve had this problem for ages, but it’s especially bad after I download new EPs, GPs, SPs. It really only affects children with blonde hair; their eyebrows never stay blonde (even with the match hair box ticked) and keep randomizing whenever I switch between outfit categories in CAS. They also switch colors in live mode sometimes when they are entering a phase, bust most of the time it’s random. Sometimes I’ll quit the game when everything is working as it should and the next time I load it up all the blonde children’s eyebrows will be a different color. The MOST annoying is when I go into cas to change their eyebrows back to the original color and they immediately revert to some dumb color the second I exit cas. I hate this glitch so much please help me. I only have 3 mods that I regularly update, and a couple small folders of cc that I also edit frequently. I’ve taken my mods folder out and the problem persists. 

Message 10 of 57 (10,260 Views)