[FIXED] Child skill increased stupidly fast

by janefemalegamer

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Child skill increased stupidly fast

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

my child just upped his creativity from 4 to 5 then within the next 10 seconds he had gone through each level to 10. I got a notification for each level. he was playing keyboard commander on the top secret computer.

I assume thats not ment to happen

Message 1 of 36 (3,820 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Bug- Child Creative 0-10 in 10 seconds or less

Hero

I tested this in my save and I no longer see this issue.

I will mark it as fixed.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 36 of 36 (2,677 Views)

All Replies

Re: child skill increased stupidly fast

Hero

Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 36 (3,767 Views)

Huge 'Keyboard Commander' bug

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

So I put in the latest patch for the Sims4 and one of my kids in the household needed to play the typing game, keyboard commmander for one of the last requirements for Physically gifted. But as he typed, His creativity skill rose immensly from 0-Max in serval minutes in addition to his Motor skill.  And in the last build those were two completely seperate things.

Has anyone else got this bug?

Additional details: It was on cheapest computer, "how low can you go desktop computer" And his Motor was almost max, if it makes any difference.

Message 3 of 36 (3,673 Views)

Re: Huge "Keyboard Commander" bug

★★★ Guide

I have seen this happen several times since the beginning of the game.  It is fake though and the creativity will not really be boosted.  It will go back to where it was eventually.

Message 4 of 36 (3,665 Views)

Re: Huge "Keyboard Commander" bug

Hero

Did you do something for creativity before you tried the typing ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 36 (3,653 Views)

Re: child skill increased stupidly fast

Hero

@janefemalegamer Is this still an issue for you ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 36 (3,692 Views)

Bug- Child Creative 0-10 in 10 seconds or less

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

I encountered a bug with a child sim, who had JUST completed the Rascal aspiration by maxing Motor to 10 playing the typing game.
I immediately switched him to the Whiz Kid aspiration, and told him to play the Arithmatic game.

To my amazement I then saw him receive skill points one after another in creativity until it was level 10, so fast I didn't even have time to really register what was going on.

This Sim was a challenge sim and had ZERO creativity previous to this happening, as I didn't have money for an art table.
His mental and social skills were in the 2-4 range.

I googled the issue last night and found the following post from January where people had the same issue.

- I launch the game with Origin, and it is fully up to date, and I have Outdoor retreat.

Thanks!

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/809107/from-level-0-to-level-10-in-10-seconds

Additional info -
Options
‎03-25-2015 03:21 AM

One other potential factor I forgot to mention. The sim was using the career reward computer that gives inspiration, and the mood aura was turned on.
Message 7 of 36 (3,718 Views)

Hero

Any mods in your game ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 36 (3,707 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
No.
And I was just gifted the game in February so it's a fairly recent install.
Message 9 of 36 (3,704 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
One other potential factor I forgot to mention. The sim was using the career reward computer that gives inspiration, and the mood aura was turned on.
Message 10 of 36 (3,702 Views)