Re: [OPEN] Certain full-body outfits result in strange body shapes

by unicorn_vdb26

Original Post

suits look weird

★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.71.86.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? just go to create a sim and dress your sim in a tight suit, most of them look like this on any sim.
What happens when the bug occurs? the male sim's legs look really weird and misshapen.
What do you expect to see? the sim's legs should look normal and not stretched out like this.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

well, I've noticed this bug a while ago and didn't think much of it because I thought it was going to be fixed in a patch or something but turns out that it didn't so I decided to report it. essentially, when I put some of the tight suits on any male sim, it looks deformed and weird around the legs. I tried removing CC and repairing the game but it didn't work so...

Message 11 of 19 (1,275 Views)

★★★★ Guide

I have this problem as well, and created a topic months ago about not the outfits, but pants for men, mainly most of Snowy Escape pants have this weird shape, a couple of sweat pants from University and more in Island living as well, pareo (skirts). I dont think it only apply to pants though, since on some outfits, pants shape looks ok, but then the upper blazers/coats seems stretch out. As I said, I posted a lot of pictures of the bottoms in question here in another post. I wont do it here, but if some moderator would link it here, so people can confirm they have also that issue.

Message 12 of 19 (1,184 Views)

Hero
@Francoisf30 It's probably the same issue but since one is full body and yours was pants, they were left as separate threads on purpose. You're welcome to link your post.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 13 of 19 (1,160 Views)

Re: Some full-body outfits cause strange body shapes.

★ Guide

Just wanted to confirm that this is still happening and on console as well. Mostly full body formal suits, especially ones from Get Famous, Seasons, and Luxury Party for muscular or fatter male Sims. 

Message 14 of 19 (1,051 Views)

Re: Some full-body outfits cause strange body shapes.

★ Apprentice

Having the same issue. I don't seem to have as many outfits affected, but at least one. What's more, I have a piece of CC based on an EA-created outfit and it's NOT giving me this misshapen look on my sims.

Message 15 of 19 (1,016 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

hi i'm been having similar problem but its when they from child to teenager that the cloths or body doensn't go well 06-10-22_11-32-59 AM.png

06-10-22_11-32-34 AM.png

i really don't know if its just the cloths or just the sims body it self. i hope someone could look into this becuase it driving me crazy. trying to get the body in the right way

06-10-22_12-05-50 PM.png

Message 16 of 19 (880 Views)

Clothing deforms for bigger sims.

★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.92.145.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? tiny living, spa day, seasons, outdoor retreat, my first pet stuff, movie hangout stuff, moschino stuff, luxury party, laundry day, jungle adventure, island living, get together, get to work, fitness stuff, eco lifestyle, discover university, dine out, cool kitchen stuff, city living, cats & dogs, holiday celebration, life of the party, up all night
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a masculine sim with full muscle and weight, put on shown masc full body outfits or bottoms
What happens when the bug occurs? body shape gets morphed into weird shapes.
What do you expect to see? The body shape not get deformed to such a high degree.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I'd like to start out by saying I've been playing the sims for several years now, I have seen this iteration develop and improve over the years but I'm surprised to see that this still hasn't been fixed despite being a well known bug that been reported for years now, including pieces from newer packs. As a bigger person who wants representation, its a shame how much the deformations limit the outfits my sims can use to express themselves. Especially considering the already reduced wardrobe for masculine sims.

base body type 2.pngbase body type.png

Base Body for reference to show how bad the deformations are.

undeformed example.pngundeformed example 2.png
Also including one of the full body suits that does not deform.

undeformed pants.pngundeformed pants2.png
And a pair of pants that does not deform

DEFORMATIONS:

cats and dogs outfit 1.pngcats and dogs outfit 3.png
This outfit from cats and dogs has a large shelf of deformation on the upper leg of heavy set sims. additionally there is deformation of the inner thigh creating a gap.

conductor ouftit 1.pngconductor outfit 2.png
This conductor type outfit from get together has a ballooning of the upper thigh as well as the gap issue shown in the previous one.

dineout waiter outfit 1.pngdineout waiter outfit 2.png
This waiter/server outfit from dine out is pretty egregious, the deformation is very obvious, this time with both the gap and the shelf type deformation.

holiday outfit 1.pngholiday outfit 2.png
While this holiday outfit looks fine from the front it has some geometry errors and a different sort of shelving in multiple spots (pointed out by arrows)

luxury party sequin suit 1.pngluxury party sequin suit 2.png
This sequin suit from luxury party stuff has a more minor variation of the gap and shelf deformations, but it is still noticeable.

seasons iceskating outfit 1.pngseasons iceskating outfit 2.png
In a similar vein this ice skating outfit from seasons has the same issues, though the gap is more severe.
seasons suit 1.pngseasons suit 2.png
This seasons suit also has a bad shelving issue, and another gap.

discover university pants 1.pngdiscover university pants 2.png
These are the pants that have the worst issue from what packs I own, discover university baggy sweatpants, ballooning of the thigh and gap issues. 

Message 17 of 19 (857 Views)

Re: Clothing deforms for bigger sims.

★★★ Guide

This is why there is limitations of how masculine and obese we can make sims.

Some female tops morph awfully on elder sims.

They can make one designed for one of those masculine sims in mind to fit, but it make not look so good on normal and worst on skinny sims.  

Message 18 of 19 (801 Views)

★★ Guide

I am not sure if I'm experiencing the same issue or not- but this is the closest issue to my own issue.

The issue I have, I noticed it since Cottage Living. For me the deformed body is limited to the waist and only with certain clothes so I think it may be a design issue. With certain outfits, sims just look like they have a big stomach or huge waist, while they're actually slim. Is this the same, or another issue?

Message 19 of 19 (555 Views)