by BryonyRae

Original Post

[NEEDS INPUT] Certain columns glitch when placed on free-standing walls

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.5067.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except 1st Pet, Bowling, Fitness, Backyard, Movie, Spooky, Cool Kitchen, Perfect Patio and Luxury Stuff Packs
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? 1. Build Wall 2. Put Op-Ed Column at end of wall
What happens when the bug occurs? At the top of the column the wall sits on top of the column
What do you expect to see? For the wall to sit behind the column
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

When placing the Op-Ed Colum from Cats and Dogs at the end of a wall, or on a wall corner,  the top part of the column will disappear into the wall.

It does not matter if a spandrel is also there or not, the glitch appears regardless.

Message 1 of 2 (808 Views)

Re: Parts of the wall bleeds into the Cats and Dogs Op-Ed Column

Hero (Retired)

I was able to reproduce the issue in my game.  A couple of additional notes: 1) the behavior does not occur when the column is placed on the wall of a room; the wall must be free-standing and 2) the behavior also applies to the Grosvenor Column and Ridged Cornering.  Will add to our list.

Message 2 of 2 (743 Views)