Re: [OPEN] Cell phone gives off-grid-related moodlets for on-grid

by bookmaster325

Original Post

★ Novice

The same thing happened to me. My sim’s mother just died and she is really saddened by it. So, I’ve been trying to call the sadness hotline only to get the Bad Reception moodlet. 

Message 31 of 89 (2,579 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

The same thing is happening to me.

Message 32 of 89 (2,568 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Guide
@YazPlatt Yes, I was coming in today specifically for this issue. Saw it last night in my gameplay (vanilla game). I double-checked to made sure I didn't have the OTG trait on the lot, but it's not there. Just an angry moment because of "the phone won't work off the grid". ~shrugs~
Message 33 of 89 (2,567 Views)

★ Novice

So, someone had the idea to create cellphone off the grid ( please explain how it works...for real ) but not to implement a cellphone that is on the grid, really you put so munch effort in creating even the stats on things that goes on the bill, but forgot the phone, i'm lucky that my sim is not an influencer XD. One last thing, i was creating a little underground bar, and with so munch disappontend there is no pinball machine T.T ( or flipper) 

Message 34 of 89 (2,542 Views)

sims 4 phone call bug

★★★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.136.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? get to work, get together, city living, cats and dogs, seasons, get famous, island living, discover university, eco lifestyle, outdoor retreat, spa day, dine out, parenthood, jungle adventure, strangerville, perfect patio stuff, cool kitchen stuff, kids room stuff, vintage glamour stuff, laundry day stuff (and holiday celebration pack if that counts)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? call someone on the phone and you will find the bug (may not happen, but it is happening in my game)
What happens when the bug occurs? a moodlet pops up saying that the call was off the grid even though the lot that the sim is on is on the grid
What do you expect to see? no moodlet saying that the sim is off the grid
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. the most recent emergency patch after the eco lifestyle patch

so when my sim is making a call to a friend, ever since i installed the eco lifestyle patch a moodlet that only comes after a sim makes a call off the grid pops up even though my sim is not in a lot that is off the grid. here is a picture

bug screenshots 

Message 35 of 89 (2,542 Views)

Incorrect off grid negative mood

★ Novice

Platform:PC
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.136.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Use a cell phone while on a lot that isn't off grid
What happens when the bug occurs? Negative mood where it says the cell phone reception is poor because you're using it on a lot that is off grid
What do you expect to see? No negative mood at all. It should only show on a lot that is off grid and my lots are not off grid
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Update to current version

While using a cell phone on a lot that is not off grid I get the negative mood where it's telling me the reception is bad because I am off grid. I also get the positive mood afterwards where it says having poor reception was a problem at first but is now liberating.

Message 36 of 89 (2,493 Views)

Re: Incorrect off grid negative mood

Hero
@Gamotria I merged your post with existing report.

Make sure to click me too on the first post.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 37 of 89 (2,454 Views)

Moodlets Incorrect?

★ Apprentice

Platform:Mac
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.136.1210
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cats and Dogs, Get Famous, Parenthood, and Dine Out
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play the game, do different interactions, eg. call someone on the phone
What happens when the bug occurs? A moodlet such as the the 'Call dropped from off-the-grid lot trait' appears even when the lot is on the grid, and I have seen other strange moodlets that are confusing.
What do you expect to see? The moodlets fixed.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I was playing with my famous Sim and she called a friend, and she got this moodlet. I've noticed some other odd things with my Sims, like that one of my good Sims was sad because of an evil Sim, but she wasn't near anyone but the household, and no one in the household had the evil trait. 

Message 38 of 89 (2,374 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

It's also happens the same with pranks and fake sick calls as well. No matter if a prank or the fake sick call was a success or not.

Please note that the left confident moodlet had nothing do with the off-grid-moodlets. She got it from a successful prank call.

prankcalls + offgridmoodlets.png

Message 39 of 89 (2,292 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same exact problem here over two weeks later. Haven't found a fix yet, so I think it's just the game that's broken and we'll have to wait for yet another patch. Did they seriously not bug test the June 3rd update?

Message 40 of 89 (2,161 Views)