by icbogue

Original Post

[OPEN] Ceiling tiles don't reset after removing of staircase

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What is your current game version number? 1.55.105.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? GT, Seasons, CandD, GT, Parenthood, Laundry Day, Kids Room, Toddler, Cool Kitchen, Holiday
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Build two floors in a building. Add L-shaped stairs to second floor. Remove stairs and room, then build a new empty room with no stairs in the same place. Check the ceiling.
What happens when the bug occurs? The ceiling tiles gap created by the stairs doesn't reset even after rooms has been replaced by a completely new one, of the same or different shape.
What do you expect to see? The ceiling to reset to normal after stairs have been removed.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Showed up after the recent patch on Thursday (Sep 5th 2019)

Screenshot 2019-09-07 15.17.01.png

Removing and adding ceiling doesn't change anything and the room isn't fully closed off. The workaround seems to be exiting and reloading the lot. I wasn't able to recreate it deliberately with only the steps above so it might only show when something else has been moved in the build while the stairs were in place. 

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Tag

Message 1 of 17 (2,899 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Ceiling tiles don't reset after removing of staircase

Community Manager (retired)

Could anyone share a save file where they're having this problem? Thanks for the help!

http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Tea...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 2 of 17 (2,784 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Ceiling tiles don't reset after removing of staircase

★ Guide

@SimGuruNick Sending you a save file where this happened again. 

I don't know if you'll be able to see the problem because it tends to disappear when a lot is reloaded but hopefully it will help. 

Screenshots from that save file attached here. 

Message 3 of 17 (2,721 Views)

Parts of 2nd Level Floor Missing After Messing With Stairs & Lofts

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.58.63.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cats & Dogs, Laundry Day, Holiday Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? In build mode, create a building with two levels. Place some stairs and maneuver them to get them to loop around like "U" style stairs. Place a fence inline with the stairs and remove the floor on the stair side to create a loft. Move the stairs to a different tile, preferably just one tile away. Now, add some more fence to the left/right of the stairs, as if to expand the loft on one side. You should see where the stairs just were is a hole in the floor. It may take some fiddling, but it should eventually occur.
What happens when the bug occurs? One or multiple tiles of the second floor will vanish where the stairs just were. The only way to get it back is to move the stairs again or bulldoze the entire building.
What do you expect to see? The floor should not vanish and should be visible once stairs are moved.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Unfortunately, the bug would not behave while on camera, but after I stopped recording it decided to do its magic. I started recording again and I included it and a couple other screenshots to show the issue.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1hMBLwxGGUMzAghxb9a4LzCPfiGjdbH9m/view?usp=sharing 

Message 4 of 17 (2,741 Views)

Re: Parts of 2nd Level Floor Missing After Messing With Stairs & Lofts

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

I could have sworn that I've seen this bug reported before, but I can't find the thread. Tip: Sometimes leaving the lot (Manage Worlds), the reloading the save, restarting your game or worst case scenario repairing it will make it go away (until next time). GL!

EDIT: Hey! I found the thread: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-SAVES-Ceiling-tiles-don-t-reset-after-removing-of/td-p/8... Standard smile

Message 5 of 17 (2,712 Views)

Champion

@icbogue Not sure if this will be helpful as a workaround for you. This video is not a re-creation of your issue, but a method I use of making the loft I assumed you want - with the stairs one tile over from the left wall, and open on both sides. 

Video: https://youtu.be/YctI60okBeE

Hope this helps. If I misunderstood please clarify and I will be happy to be of any assistance I can.

Please let us know how it goes! 

SheriGR Coffee cup  I don’t work for EA.
Me Too – if you also have this problem – first post on thread has this button

XP – for helpful comments (& to help others 'level up')
Mark As Solution – to help others find the answer to the issue now & in the future

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 6 of 17 (2,690 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@lepetitemais Excellent detective work! Thank you so much! If @icbogue can confirm that this is the same issue we can see if the bug reports can be merged.

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 7 of 17 (2,688 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@SheriGR Thanks for your replies! I'm first going to start off addressing you, SheriGR. I really appreciate that you took the time to record a video. I've been playing Sims 4 since a few months after launch (sometime in 2015 I believe), so I know how to build a loft. My issue is that I almost never know exactly how I want something to be, so I move things around and change floor layouts a lot. That's how I found the bug, which (@lepetitemais) is the same bug as in the other thread, as far as I can tell. Feel free to merge them, and thanks for your workaround, Lepetitemais!

Message 8 of 17 (2,657 Views)

Re: [NEEDS SAVES] Ceiling tiles don't reset after removing of staircase

★★★★ Novice

I tested two separate save files (one where I use mods and one without) and it happened both times. This isn't relating to a specific save file, as @simmyfroggy mentioned. It's a graphical glitch, hence why it disappears after reloading the save.

Message 9 of 17 (2,654 Views)

Hero
@icbogue I've merged your thread. Thanks for confirming

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 10 of 17 (2,635 Views)