Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Caterers (chefs) option not available

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? n/a
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? The Sims 4 (Base Game), Holiday Celebration Pack, Get to Work Expansion Pack, Luxury Party Stuff,Spa Day, Cool Kitchen Stuff, Spooky Stuff, Get Together Expansion Pack, Movie Hangout Stuff, Romantic Garden Stuff, Dine Out, Kids Room Stuff, Backyard Stuff, City Living, Vintage Glamour Stuff, Vampires, Cats and Dogs.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? While in live mode, click or select stove/fridge in order to hire Caterer/Chef.
What happens when the bug occurs? Options is not available
What do you expect to see? Option to hire Caterer/Chef.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I tried using the phone to hire service and its not there, also tried clicking or selecting the stove and refrigerator and the options does not appear either.

Message 1 of 32 (11,277 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] Caterers (chefs) option not available

Hero

• You may now hire a caterer during a social event by clicking on a Refrigerator or Stove, even if you chose not to hire a caterer while setting up the event.

Fixed in Patch 1.47.49

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 28 of 32 (12,337 Views)

All Replies

Can't hire Chief from Stove

★★★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? click stove no option to hire
What happens when the bug occurs? no option
What do you expect to see? an option to hire Chief
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I tried to hire a chief from the stove but the option is gone..  Frown

Message 2 of 32 (11,172 Views)

Re: [TO ADD] Caterers (chefs) option not available

★★★★★ Guide

beat me too it.. was trying to hire a chief for Upper Crust Club gathering and just notice the hire chief on the stove was missing

Message 3 of 32 (11,170 Views)

Re: [TO ADD] Caterers (chefs) option not available

Hero

Added (and merged)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 32 (11,149 Views)

What happened to caterers in Sims 4?

★ Apprentice

I have noticed that the "Hire Caterer" option is not available anymore? I clear my cache, repair the game and I do not have mods/cc.

Message 5 of 32 (11,146 Views)

Re: What happened to caterers in Sims 4?

Hero

Hi @Yaxmin28

merged your post with exiting bug report.

It's a known issue.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 32 (11,141 Views)

I can't hire temporary Caters anymore?

★★★★★ Newbie

I used to be able to click on the refrigerator or stove and it had the option of "hire caterer" and it was super helpful when I was in a rush. Now, the option doesn't come up for me at all. I even looked under the services you can hire on your phone but it isn't there either. PLEASE HELP!!

Message 7 of 32 (11,102 Views)

Re: I can't hire temporary Caters anymore?

Champion (Retired)

This seems to be an acknowledged issue after the last patch, there's a thread about it here! No solution yet though.
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Caterers-chefs-option-not-available/m-p/6441170#M52394

Message 8 of 32 (11,089 Views)

Re: I can't hire temporary Caters anymore?

Hero

Hi @foreverlunagirl

I merged your post with the thread @CMeki linked.

As they say, it's a known issue.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 32 (11,083 Views)

Hire service when clicking on refridgerator

★★★★★ Novice

I used to be able to "Hire Service" when I clicked on an oven or refrigerator and a cook would come over and make about 6 meals for me.  Since Cats and Dogs, I can't do that any longer. Is this something that will be fixed in the future? I don't use any CC or mods. 

Message 10 of 32 (10,972 Views)