by R0CKFLAGandEAGLE

Original Post

[OPEN] Cant sell gifts/produce from seed packs from inventory

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.77.131.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Seasons Expansion, Realm of Magic Game Pack, Vintage Glamor Stuff pack
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Having an issue selling harvestables from my inventory. Not all of them, but most of them. I noticed this issue started occurring after the most recent update, but I also built a basement "greenhouse" for the first time. For one of my characters, I could sell any edible harvestable but I couldn't sell any of the flowers. So, I started playing a different character and built them a green house, and the same thing occured, although with this character, it was a different mix of what would sell from the inventory and what wouldn't. I also buy all my flowers from seed packets purchased via the flower pots, if that helps.
What happens when the bug occurs? I can't sell part of my harvestables, nor can I plant them after I place them in the world.
What do you expect to see? I expect to be able to sell all my harvestables and everything in my inventory.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Whatever the most recent update that was made was when this issue started occuring. If it helps, I purchased my Sims 4 content but i play through the Origin platform.

Please see issue explained in the "steps" category /

Edit By Crinrict:  Adjusted Title, Added Base Game Version Number, added tag

Message 8 of 53 (7,672 Views)

Unable to drag and sell from inventory

★ Expert

How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except Kits, JTB, DHD, Vampires, MFP, Bowling, Spooky & kids room (and I have Eco Living and Seasons disabled)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Try purchasing an item (plants in this case) from buy mode, try dragging to sell from inventory.
What happens when the bug occurs? Items wont drag to sell, they must be sold using 'multi select on'.
What do you expect to see? Drag and sell from inventory
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. today's patch

I had the sim purchase plant packets from build/buy, the items purchased were unable to be sold via drag to 'sell'. When I clicked on them in multi select I was able to sell them.

Message 1 of 53 (7,039 Views)

Re: Unable to drag and sell from inventory

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

same here . I guess all the farmable items can't be drag and sell any more . 

Message 2 of 53 (7,014 Views)

★★ Novice

I just have the base game installed and have the same issue after today’s patch. 

I tested it on harvestable items and gems and they both had the same issue. 

Message 3 of 53 (6,984 Views)

★★ Guide

Same here. I am also able to drop to the refrigerator and to to places like tables and floors and after that sell the items. All started after the last update.

Message 4 of 53 (6,900 Views)

Cottage Living - does not recognise produce in inventory

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all packs except Batuu
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Try to gift or sell produce with produce in inventory
What happens when the bug occurs? Hover  text claims there is nothing in the inventory that can be gifted or sold, action is not possible
What do you expect to see? To be able to sell or gift the produce from my inventory.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? They are currently removed
Please describe the patch or change you made. Cottage Living and latest patch.

I've begun playing Cottage Living and when I try to sell my produce at the market or gift it to a rabbit, the game claims I don't have any produce in my inventory, but I do. I have removed all mods, repaired game, and am still having this issue.

Message 5 of 53 (7,712 Views)

Sims 4 isn’t letting me sell from inventory

★ Novice

So, my sims game won’t let me sell produce from my inventory, it allows me to sell painting and homework but not produce.

I have tried restarting the game and it hasn’t worked

Message 6 of 53 (7,689 Views)

Re: Cottage Living - does not recognise produce in inventory

[ Edited ]

@MuggyQuasar  For comparison, please empty your sim's inventory, harvest some new produce, and see whether it can be sold.  It's possible one of your mods corrupted this sim's inventory or some items in it.  You can also test with a different sim if you prefer, again using produce obtained after you removed the mods.

If that doesn't help, please test in a new save.

@lukhi92  Please do the same, with no mods present.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 7 of 53 (7,677 Views)

Re: Cant sell harvestables from inventory

Hero
@R0CKFLAGandEAGLE Were you able to move some of the ones that you bought through seed packets or is it possible that the seed packet ones don't work, while the harvested ones do ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 9 of 53 (7,653 Views)

Re: Cottage Living - does not recognise produce in inventory

★★★★ Novice

I've done everything as you've suggested and the problem still persists. Furthermore, using ingredients for the canning and recipes doesn't actually use them up, and my chicken was deleted following the Fenwick Fair despite the game claiming it would be placed into my inventory. This is such a buggy mess, the inventory system is completely broken.

Message 10 of 53 (7,641 Views)