[OPEN] Cant sell gifts/produce from seed packs from inventory

by R0CKFLAGandEAGLE

Original Post

Can't sell or throw away seeds from Sim's personal inventory

★★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.77.131.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansions, packs, free content, and kits except these: Bust The Dust Kit, Courtyard Oasis Kit, Throwback Fit Kit, and Dream Home Decorator Pack.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Purchase seeds packs from build mode, open them in live mode, then try to drag and drop them onto the cash register in the sim's inventory.
What happens when the bug occurs? I purchased 2 of each of the Seasonal Seeds type within build mode, so I got two veggies, fruits, flowers, and magical plants. In live mode, I opened the seed packs and planted some but not all of the seeds. The remaining seeds I was going to sell by dragging and dropping onto the cash register in the Sim's inventory, but the tooltip said I could not sell them. I also tried dragging and dropping the seeds to a trash can, but I could not throw them away. The only way to remove the excess seeds from the Sim's inventory is to place them on the ground, enter build mode, and pick them up and sell them or use the mallet to destroy them.
What do you expect to see? I expected to drag and drop them to the cash register and sell them, or drop them in a trash can and throw them away.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I purchased and installed the Cottage Living expansion pack through Origin.

I don't have anything additional to add.

Message 11 of 53 (2,203 Views)

Re: Cottage Living - does not recognise produce in inventory

★ Novice

I’ve done all that and still hasn’t worked

Message 12 of 53 (2,169 Views)

@MuggyQuasar and @lukhi92  I've merged your posts with a bug report for this issue.  If you notice any pattern to what can and can't be sold, as mentioned in the other posts, please describe it.

@MuggyQuasar  For the disappearing chicken, please check the household inventory.  There's a bug report about that as well:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/CoL-Finchwick-Fair-Submission-Not-Returning-to-Inventory/td-p/...

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 13 of 53 (2,148 Views)

Re: Can't sell or throw away seeds from Sim's personal inventory

★★★ Apprentice

I am also experiencing this. I can not sell certain items from my inventory: 1) seeds/harvestables bought from the computer, and 2) gifts (crystals & harvestables) given to me by dust bunnies & new animals in Cottage Living. Neither can I sell these items at the Cottage Living market stalls even though they show up in my inventory but are greyed out at the stall. Homegrown harvestables do work though. I have tried all suggestions (removed mods, repaired, restarted, new save, etc.). Issue still remains when I purchased seeds and could not sell the items in my inventory.

Message 14 of 53 (2,132 Views)

★★★★ Novice

The chicken is not in the household inventory, unfortunately. It was also deleted from the relationships panel.

Message 15 of 53 (1,659 Views)

Re: Cant sell gifts/produce from seed packs from inventory

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Nothing shows up in my inventory despite doing everything recommended. No seeds. No produce purchased. Can't buy any animals. So essentially I am not experiencing anything this pack had to offer which really is a bummer. Can't have the simple living challenge, can't partake in Farmlife or fairs ):

Message 16 of 53 (1,629 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@Krissstayy Are you using the ui cheat extension mod ? It can cause you not to be able to buy animals.

@MuggyQuasar Please use this thread for animals not returning after the fair: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/CoL-Finchwick-Fair-Submission-Not-Returning-to-Inventory/td-p/...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 17 of 53 (1,614 Views)

★★★ Novice

It is the time capsules for me, cannot sell them since last patch.

Message 18 of 53 (1,599 Views)

Cannot sell herbs in inventory

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.77.131.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? COUNTRY LIVING, Discover University, Island Living, Get Famous, Seasons, Cats and Dogs, City Living, Get Together, Get to Work, Realm of Magic, Strangerville, Parenthood, Vampires, Outdoor Retreat, Laundry Day.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Try to and sell herbs (parsley, sage etc) from the sims' inventory.
What happens when the bug occurs? When my mouse with the stack in hand hovers over the sell button of the inventory, it says that the item cannot be sold. Other items such as flowers or fruits can be sold normally.
What do you expect to see? The button she flash green and I should be able to sell my herbs.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Since I updated the game and bought Country Living. I did both at the same time.

Since I updated the game and bought Country Living, I have been unable to sell herbs (parsley, sage etc.) from my Sim's inventory. When I try to, a pop-up indicates that "This item cannot be sold or deleted". This error occurs both with stacks and individual herbs. Other harvestables such as flowers, fruits and vegetables are fine, I can sell them with no problem. All CC and mods have been removed from my mods folder. I have restarted the game, tried both old and new saves, and repaired the game.

Here is an image of what happens:

Message 19 of 53 (1,600 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I'm experiencing this bug myself, Cottage Living patch + Expansion installed. The items came from seed packs bought via planters, none of them were sellable. 

I found that items get sellable again when I drag and drop them into a different household member's inventory, in case thats helps anyone. 

Message 20 of 53 (1,588 Views)