[FIXED] Cant delete interior walls

by marato01

Original Post

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Cant delete interior walls

[ Edited ]
Hero

As this would normally go on the Buy/Build list, I forwarded this but not added to any list.

EDIT: @LittleMissBadass  merged your post with the current bug report.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 11 of 24 (3,686 Views)

Re: Can't Delete Walls - Downloaded Island Living

★★ Novice
@drparafox I've had to change the foundation swatch to a pre-Island Living type to delete walls. Then you can change them back. Still not sure if this is already reported.
Message 12 of 24 (3,646 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Cant delete interior walls

★★★★★ Novice

I had the same problem occur after one of the november patches (not sure which one since I didn't play between them). It happened on one of the base game lots in Oasis springs after starting a new savegame. I tried to make the house smaller but there was one portion of wall I couldn't delete. I used both holding ctr when using the wall tool and the demolision tool. I had to bulldoze the whole house to get rid of that one wall section. No foundation on that house at all. 

Message 13 of 24 (3,530 Views)

Re: Can't Delete Walls - Downloaded Island Living

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I've had this happen today twice as of 12/06/19. I took all my mods out of the game though that did not seem to help the problem.

For me, it's happened at Optimist's Outlook and Midtown Meadows in Newcrest. I've tried building on Twin Oracle Point in Newcrest in the same save and have not encountered the problem.

Specifically it seems to be happening on those two lots when I add in a bended two square wide staircase and change the stair color/style (wood to brick etc.) or add on a foundation to the house in question. After doing either of these things my walls are undeletable with the Sledgehammer tool, though I can delete them if I wish to delete the whole room. When using the Sledgehammer tool all that gets deleted is the flooring. Redrawing the walls does seem to temporarily fix it, though if I change the stairs or foundation again it happens again. I hope this helps somehow.

Edit: 4:55pm Eastern Timezone (12/06/19)
Clearing my Caches seems to have fixed the issue at both MM and OO. 

Message 14 of 24 (3,498 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Cant delete interior walls

Hero (Retired)

This happens on PS4 also if using stilt foundations. You get an error that the foundation type requires a room and you can't delete any interior walls unless you switch the foundation type to a non stilt foundation.

Message 15 of 24 (3,433 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I've had this problem too yesterday, yet I was able to delete walls again after I moved the entire plot. 

Message 16 of 24 (3,395 Views)

★★ Novice

I had the same issue so I changed the stilted foundation back to concrete to make the wall changes, when I finished my floor plan, I put the stilted foundation back and it solved it.

I mean, it should still be fixed in a patch but at least this workaround works for now! Hope this helps

Message 17 of 24 (3,322 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Hi @PoptartJuniper, thanks for adding that. It's the first post I've seen about this being on console. It'd be good to get an indicator of how many console players this also affects. Would you be ok to create a new bug report specific to consoles for this? I think the Me Too's and posts would help us get a read on that front. Standard smile

Lanna.png____________________________________________________________

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

Message 18 of 24 (3,286 Views)

can't delete interior walls in apartment?

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
What is your current game version number? 1.65.70.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All but get together, eco lifestyle, and strangerville
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? build in apartments
What happens when the bug occurs? can't delete/build any walls
What do you expect to see? the ability to delete/build walls
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I like to build random things and add them to the gallery, and I was building an apartment in Culpepper Apts and I started removing one wall from each room so that I could upload the whole build to the gallery. I got about halfway through, when suddenly I couldn't delete anything anymore. Usually, if you get a similar glitch, you can build over top of the offending wall and then it will work. However, I tried this and it said "cannot place room due to fixed object". There isn't anything on or around the walls but it still won't work.

Message 19 of 24 (2,896 Views)

★★★ Newbie

The solution to this is lower the entire room down using the foundation option when you click the room. You can delete the walls and after that you can just move the room back up to it’s normal foundation level !

Message 20 of 24 (2,437 Views)