Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Cant delete interior walls

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.52.100.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Idk
What happens when the bug occurs? Cant delete interior walls
What do you expect to see? Being able to delete all walls...
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

In the 4+ years, 400 something dollars I've invested into this game I've never had to make a complaint. I am beyond irritated that I've had to send in THREE bug complaints today! Let's hope something gets done about them. By jesus! 

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 24 (23,508 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] Cant delete interior walls

Hero

Interior corner walls with stilt foundations can now be deleted.

Fixed in Patch 1.99.264/1.78

please create a new thread if you're still experiencing this issue,

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 24 of 24 (3,215 Views)

All Replies

Re: Cant delete interior walls

[ Edited ]
Champion

@marato01  I did notice something odd when trying to change an inner-wall on Sunday or Monday, so I rolled back the save. I thought it was me, plus it was not happening before that point. I have been building on the lot since Island Living released. I just re-tried in my game and I am finding that I cannot delete interior walls on the first floor only, but can on other floors. I tested on a build with stilt foundation, glass floor tiles, and I am on Mac. Weird part is I did not have this issue before yesterday or Sunday. Also, when I try to delete a wall on the first floor I get an error message 'Foundation Type Requires A Floor". Does any of that match what you are seeing? Thank you!

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 2 of 24 (23,445 Views)

★★★ Guide

Been having the same problem over stilted foundations. Says it needs a room, even though the structure itself counts as a room. Can't even delete one segment of a wall unless I change the foundation type back to one of the solid ones.

Message 3 of 24 (23,429 Views)

EA Sims Team

Hello @marato01 @PansekshuElle @SheriGR 

Would one of you be willing to share your save files, or upload the affected lot to the Gallery? 

If you'd prefer to share your saves, please send me a private message with a link to the saves.  Instructions here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 4 of 24 (23,411 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@SimQARobo Hopefully I did this right? Let me know if I need to do it differently https://drive.google.com/open?id=1FpBdjJ1c-ykTXixvSoKYm6M2dz0oeSHz The lot Sapphire Shores and it is mostly but not fully done. It has three floors, stilt foundation and glass floors in areas. The game save is named "New Build Testing".

Message 5 of 24 (23,405 Views)

EA Sims Team

@SheriGR 

Thank you!

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 6 of 24 (23,396 Views)

★★★ Guide

@SimQARobo I uploaded one of mine as well, with your handle in the title. The workaround is to either re-draw the outline of the structure (easy in the example I shared, since the structures are all octagons), or just change the foundation back to a solid one. But there seem to be a lot of quirks with the new stilted foundations. :/

Message 7 of 24 (23,346 Views)

Can't Delete Walls - Downloaded Island Living

★★★ Novice

Hello everyone,

I have come across an issue I have never had before. I just bought and downloaded Island Living. Since purchasing, I have been having issues deleting interior walls that divide rooms. However, I can delete the exterior walls. When I try to delete the wall, it says, "Nothing to delete."

Example: I just finished building the exterior of a home. I start adding walls inside to make rooms; those inside walls won't delete.

Here are some things I tried:

x. Restarting the game. [FAILED]

x. Repairing game. [FAILED]
x. Removed roof / top floor. [FAILED]
x. Moved house on lot. [FAILED]
x. Building new walls over the interior ones. [FAILED]

Any help would be much appreciated! Thanks in advance. :]

Message 8 of 24 (23,354 Views)

Re: Can't Delete Walls - Downloaded Island Living

[ Edited ]
Champion

@drparafox I'm assuming your issue is the same as this bug report https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-A-Cant-delete-interior-walls/td-p/7990339, and will look into getting your post merged with that report. There are some tips in the report's posts on workarounds, and EA already requested and got saves with the issue to test on, as you will see when you read the report and comments, so this is great news. Please 'me too' the report also, as this and details about your issue that may confirm or add to the information already on the report can be helpful to EA when they are troubleshooting the issue. Thanks!

Message 9 of 24 (23,328 Views)

Can't Delete Wall: "This foundation type requires a room."

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Hi. I'm having a problem deleting a wall inside a room when using the new Stilt Foundations (i found out regular foundations work ok). It gives me a, "This foundation type requires a room".

Error appears in any world as long as you can do foundations. Tried it in Sulani, Windenburg, Newcrest, Willow creek.

How to recreate: make a room  ground level, change foundation to stilt foundation, make a room or a wall (has to make a room) inside the room and try to delete with the hammer tool.

I found only one result, a video, while googling the error: https://youtu.be/F8WBFKleuao

Workaround: change  foundation type, then delete or

Use the "remove wall" option.

I'm on PC, windows 10 64bit. I removed all mods and CC's problem still exists. Cleared cache, too, still the same. I've also tried a different save, problem still exists.

Message 10 of 24 (23,291 Views)