Re: Can't take vacation days

by crinrict

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] Cannot take Vacation Day

Hero
@EVEandPEGGY What career is your Sim in ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 21 of 38 (1,432 Views)

★ Apprentice
@crinrict its happing so far for military, writer, conservationist, and politician (I haven't checked anything else)
Message 22 of 38 (1,411 Views)

Hero
@EVEandPEGGY Military, conservationist and politician are all work from home careers so you should be able to take a vacation from the popup you get when asked if you want to work form home or go to work.

I don't think it's a bug you don't see the phone interaction beforehand on those

For the writer: Do you mean the freelancer or the base game writer career ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 23 of 38 (1,384 Views)

★ Apprentice
@crinrict Base game writer career
Message 24 of 38 (1,358 Views)

Hero
@EVEandPEGGY So I tested the writer career and it's showing up for me (2 hours before work).

Could you test a fresh save (with no mods/cc if you use any) and see if you have the issue there too ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 25 of 38 (1,331 Views)

★ Apprentice

Teen in the lifeguard career has no vacation option on the phone even with vacation saved. Teen in the retail career of the same save file does have the option. No MODS or CC.

Thanks.

Message 26 of 38 (1,273 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Noticed this while playing a Civic Designer level 10.  So I repaired my game and started a new Save/Sim to test:.  I have all packs except Kids Room Stuff & Toddler Stuff.  Joined each career, noted Work menu options, and quit each career; here are the results:

Found no 'Take Vacation Day' missing for: Actor, Detective, Doctor, Scientist, Civic Designer, Conservationist, Criminal, Culinary, Education, Engineer, Gardener, Law, Military, Politician, Secret Agent, Social Media, Style Influencer, Tech Guru, Writer, Fast Food Employee, Fisherman, Lifeguard, Manual Laborer, & Retail Employee.

Had 'Take Vacation Day' option available: Astronaut, Athlete, Business, Critic, Entertainer, Painter, & Diver.

Message 27 of 38 (1,179 Views)

Can't take vacation days

★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.136.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Discover University, Get Famous, Cats and Dogs, Get Together, Get to Work
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? 1. Get a Biology degree 2. Get work as a doctor 3. Demote your Sim (using cheats) all the way to Tier 1 of the Doctor career 4. Get your Sim promoted to Medical Assistant 5. Try to take a vacation day only to realize you can't
What happens when the bug occurs? I click on the briefcase icon on my phone and want to take a vacation day, but the option isn't there. All I see is Sit in on Skill Class, Find a Job, and Quit a Job.
What do you expect to see? I expect to see Take a Vacation Day.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

This bug may have occurred because I wanted my Sim to start out with a Biology degree, but start her career at the bottom of the Doctor career. I cheated her Biology degree upon making her, demoted her, fixed her moodlets with cheated satisfaction points and a moodlet potion, and also cheated to make her happy. I didn't notice this problem until I wanted to take a vacation day.

I did try to fix it by Finding a Job, but Doctor didn't appear as an option. I tried quitting the current job, but I would've just had to demote her all over again because she started with her Biology degree. 

I have tried to fix this by disabling CC/mods, but nothing happened. 

I referred to this thread and tried their solution (starting a new game, having them join the Doctor career right away) and they were able to take a vacation day right away. Then I went ahead and cheated in her Biology degree and tried again. Now she is unable to take a vacation day. The problem seems to be with cheating in the Biology degree, even if there is no demotion cheating involved. 

Message 28 of 38 (1,157 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@Anicca-Shunyata Thanks for being so thorough! I've just noticed it at level 4 in the Civic Designer career (Green Technician) and wondered why he couldn't take a vacation day from his phone.
Message 29 of 38 (1,135 Views)

Re: Can't take vacation days

Hero
@letmeliev Thanks for detailing how it happened for you.

Merged your thread with the main one though. Seems there's several careers that have the issue.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 30 of 38 (1,107 Views)