by ellenmayberry

Original Post

[OPEN] Cannot give residence keys on first attempt

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.20.101.3400 (64 bit)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? EXPANSION: Island Living, Get Famous, Seasons, Cats and Dogs, City Living, Get Together, Get to Work, Island Living, Discover University GAME: Strangerville, Jungle Adventure, Parenthood, Vampires, Dine Out, Spa Day, Outdoor Retreat, Realm of Magic STUFF: Moschino, Bowling Night, Vintage Glamour, Kids Room, Romantic Garden, Movie Hangout, Spooky, Cool Kitchen, Perfect Patio, Luxury Party FREE: Holiday Celebration, Ghoulish Guitar
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Attempt to give another sim residence keys
What happens when the bug occurs? You have to chose the “give residence keys” at least twice before the keys are actually given.
What do you expect to see? I expect residence keys to be given on the first attempt.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

PS4: 1.20.101.3400 (64 bit)

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Tag

Message 1 of 10 (2,538 Views)
Highlighted

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [PS4] Cannot give residence keys on first attempt

★★★★ Apprentice

I have this issue too. Instead of giving a Sim residence keys, they hug them. I then have to choose to give them residence keys again, and they usually do.

Message 2 of 10 (2,457 Views)

Hero (Retired)

I've had this happen also. It was with an apartment, but the interaction wouldn't work the first time I tried to give another sim the key. After the second time I tried, the interaction worked, but it had to be repeated.

Message 3 of 10 (2,440 Views)

★★ Guide

I had this as well. The sim initiated a hug the first time instead of giving residence keys.

Message 4 of 10 (2,415 Views)

Hero
@Bra1nBlast3d Are you on console as well ? If so, on PS4 or XB1 ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 10 (2,403 Views)

★★ Guide

Ah, apologies. Didn't see the [PS4] in the title. I'm on PC.

Message 6 of 10 (2,385 Views)

★★★★ Guide

I also should say that I’ve seen this happen in the BuzzFeed 100 Baby Challenge on YouTube, although IDK if it happens every time like when I attempt to give residence keys. She plays on PC, I believe?

Message 7 of 10 (2,368 Views)

Hero
@Bra1nBlast3d Thanks. Changing this to a general issue then.

Is it only happening for residence keys (Get Famous) or also apartment keys (City living) ?

I'm not 100% sure but I don't think this was added for everyone in a patch

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 8 of 10 (2,342 Views)

★★ Guide
@crinrict I've only noticed this happening for Residence Keys. Apartment Keys work just fine.
Message 9 of 10 (2,329 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Cannot give residence keys on first attempt

★★★★★ Apprentice

I had this happen when I gave the keys to my sim's partner when I wanted them to move in. They hugged which I thought must have been just the chosen animation because lazy reuse of animations does occur in the game and it was the first time I've used that interaction, but the sim given the key couldn't get through the door and when clicked on with the main sim selected, still had the "give sim key" option to pick from. So I selected it again and that worked fine. I've not tried again to see if it re-occurs or if its a once per game thing as I'm not interested in moving in any more sims to this household and am only playing this set of sims currently with no interest to play any others just to test. I didn't know it was linked to Get Famous as I wasn't initially playing the household to be famous sims - they were only meant to be testing the routing of objects placed with move objects on before I uploaded the lot to the gallery and I kinda got carried away! LOL So I thought the giving the key was just how sims 4 does moving people in to your household. I tend to be more of a builder than a player so despite having had the game a few years, the gameplay is still kinda new to me!

Message 10 of 10 (2,177 Views)