[OPEN] Can't water plants (plants dying because of it)

by cursedcatt0s

Original Post

Sims Not Able To Maintain Garden

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? ?
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Everything except Journey Batuu and the newest kit about patios
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Plant a garden and wait
What happens when the bug occurs? After having my sim plant any type of object planted it gives the option to water. The sim will water the plants. But that's the only time my sim will be allow to water the crops. The plants dry out and die. I even tried putting a sprinkler and they still die. There are no plants to harvest, no weeding, no watering.
What do you expect to see? To be able to water and tend to the garden instead of just being able to research/talk to them.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. After the most recent patch and I had just downloaded the Home decorator pack

Struggling to maintain garden.  My sim is able to plant items and water them once but after that nothing.  They can only talk to the plant and research.  My sim is at level 8 gardening.  I just jumped back into the game after a month and downloaded the Home Decorator pack.  So I'm not sure if its a bug that comes with the new pack or from a recent update.  Would be nice if my plants didn't die.  FYI using the sprinkler does not work

Edit By Crinrict: Removed all-caps from title

Message 21 of 38 (1,180 Views)

sims 4 garden

★★★ Newbie

I am trying to play my Sims 4 both PC and Playstation and I have noticed other than Grapes all plants in the garden nothing is working, they grow but then they die you cannot water them, or weed them and they never show needing watering or weeding they just plant grow and die.

They show the options to weed and water but its clouded out at all times saying the plant doesnt need it then boom dead.

I dont know if its a me thing (havent played in a few months and have updated) or if its a glitch in the new update.

Message 22 of 38 (1,144 Views)

Re: sims 4 garden

Hero
@BJE236 I merged your post with the bug report on this.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 23 of 38 (1,098 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thank you heaps first time.poster looked everywhere for bug report and had 0 luck 

Thank you heaps 

Message 24 of 38 (1,092 Views)

Dying plants.

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Svenska
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? Latest? Updated today.
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Allmost all.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I don't know.
What happens when the bug occurs? Plants ramdomly dying.
What do you expect to see? Plants living and wanted to been taken cared of.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

My plats are ramdomly dying without me beeing able to water them or thend to Them properly. IF i hoover over THE plats THE option tend or water don't accure. And Then they suddenly got this stinking cloud over Them and i can toss Them away. 

I can only water directly arter planting. 

Why is this happening? Is it just me?

Message 25 of 38 (1,073 Views)

Re: Dying plants.

★★★ Guide

Ever since the release of Seasons, never understood how the plants actually work, I plant them and immediately get the option to water them once, they don't need it ever again.

I presumed it must of had rainfall while i played another household in a different world, so I stopped rotationally playing, it's summer, it's clearly hasn't rained in a week, yet option of course remains grayed out. 

Message 26 of 38 (1,032 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Can't water plants (plants dying because of it)

★★★ Apprentice

I have the same problem. I can water them once after planting and after that the plants are going to die because the option for watering the plants is greyed out (just like in the science lab). Rain doesn't do anything and the soil around the plant looks dry.

I do hope they fix this before the new pack comes out. I understand the new plants work a little different than the regular ones, but i would also like to maintain the older ones and the fruit trees.

It happens in new and old saves. Never used any mods.

Message 27 of 38 (1,021 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

It is not just you. It is happening to me. Noticed it since probably late June or July. I have a large garden and learned a long time ago to hire a gardener to keep the plants alive, now even that doesn't work. They die soon after reaching mature size. Not all plants, but most simply die, emitting the green cloud. Watering is not available as an option. Once the green cloud appears, the only option is to remove them. So I did an experiment. I just left them and did not remove them. I also went into build mode and moved them a little. Some returned to a freshly planted dirt pile, some still had green cloud, some had no cloud, but are not producing harvestables. I also tried taking the whole family on a trip to a park. Nothing had changed when they got back. This is definitely a bug.

I restarted the game after stopping for the night. Some of the plants that had been dead were now mounds like they were freshly planted, but the plants when they grow are still marked as dead and don't produce harvestables. Some of the plants are from custom content.

Update: I bought Eco-lifestyle and got some hydroponic planters since I read that was a work around for this bug. This slows down the dying, but has not eliminated it. Several plants have the green mist even though they are being automatically watered. This is definitely a bug and needs to be fixed. It is very annoying.since that is the main way my sims make their money, by selling the fruits, vegetables and herbs they grow and produce.

Message 28 of 38 (897 Views)

Re: Can't water plants (plants dying because of it)

★ Novice

I am having the same problem. Removed mods. Uninstalled and reinstalled game. Left lot, played a different lot and came back. It's just at the point that gardening cannot be done properly without water and weeding capabilities. I have sims now that I can't play or advance because their aspiration relies on gardening. Is there any explanation for this or a way to fix it?

Message 29 of 38 (781 Views)

Re: Can't water plants (plants dying because of it)

★★★★ Novice

I'm having this issue as well and have been having it for months. I can't play anything that I want to garden with and it kind of kills the game for me. No hand-grown ingredients for chefs, flowers for candle makers or flower arrangements, no plants at all or gardening skill. It's incredibly frustrating as gardening is one of the skills that most gives options to intersect with other skills. When it works it's really versatile. But as it stands right now, the game feels like it's not worth playing, basically.

No mods. Repaired the game. Uninstalled and reinstalled both origin and my game and all packs. No mods or custom content. New save files have the same issue. None of the workarounds that I've found have worked, such as travelling to another lot. The plants just wither without ever giving me the option to tend to them, until eventually the only choice is to dispose of the dead plant.

Message 30 of 38 (678 Views)