[OPEN] Can't water plants (plants dying because of it)

by cursedcatt0s

Original Post

Re: Can't water plants (plants dying because of it)

★★★ Guide

Mine have always been the same since Seasons. outdoor gardens and indoors, you plant it once, you water it once, then it nevers needs watering again, makes the gardening skill one of the hardest skills to raise considering there is so few garden activities that your ever allowed to do.

Message 11 of 38 (1,687 Views)

Can't Water Plants

★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.71.86.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Eco Lifestyle, Get Famous, Seasons, Cats & Dogs, City Living, Get Together, Get to Work, Parenthood, Dine Out, Spa Day, Outdoor Retreat, Nifty Knitting, Laundry Day, Vintage Glamour
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Plant something in the lot your sim lives in and wait a day or two.
What happens when the bug occurs? The plant will dry out and look like it needs to be watered, however the option to water the plant is greyed out. Over time, the plant grows in very poor quality and eventually dies, with no options to interact with it that help it improve or grow. The only option available is to "talk to plants"
What do you expect to see? I expect for when the plant looks dried out, to be able to click on it and water/weed/evolve or otherwise interact with it and take care of the plant as needed.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I've been wanting to have sims who play with the gardening skill in their hobbies or careers, but this stops me in my tracks every time. I thought it may have been my custom content at first, but I removed all of it and reset my "Sims 4" folder in my computer, and the problem persists, even using the game unmodded.

Message 12 of 38 (1,628 Views)

Plants never harvest, never water, and only die

★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.72.28.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Grow any plant in the garden
What happens when the bug occurs? Plants never give option to water, eventually dying without ever giving the option to harvest. Also does not count as watered when a sprinkler is active next to the plant. All plants always die.
What do you expect to see? Harvestables in the proper season, ability to water dry plants, ability to grow plants at all without them just dying.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Literally none of my plants - flowers, fruits, veggies, etc - will do anything but grow and then die. I never get to harvest from them. I have about 2.5K hours in the sims and know how plants work, and this is clearly a bug.

Message 13 of 38 (1,601 Views)

Plants don't need water

★★ Novice

I'm having problems with the plants not needing water, I don't have 4 season, but for some reason I just need to water once, and than it keeps saying that the plant don't need water, the problem is my plants are dying after 3 days ish. don't know what to do, but it's annoying.

Thank you

Message 14 of 38 (1,537 Views)

Re: Plants don't need water

Hero
@neodamatrix do they need water again if you travel to another lot and back ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 15 of 38 (1,514 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

@neodamatrix  Here are a couple of bug reports that seems relative to your issue, you could read the info in them for potential workarounds, and if they fit your issue click Me Too and post in the thread to resurface it. The bug section is where to go for issues in the game that are not caused by mods and CC (test in a new save).

plants don't need water
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Gardening-Plants-don-t-need-water-or-weeding-in-games/td-...

plants die but can't be watered; but without tags:
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Can-t-water-plants-plants-dying-because-of-it/td-p/10029533

If they are on a community venue:
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Can-t-water-plants-on-public-lots/td-p/7994398

Here is the compiled list of all reported bugs:
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/READ-FIRST-Compiled-list-of-reported-Issues/m-p/3445209#Garden...

If you cannot find one that fits your issue, you can make a new bug report.

Message 16 of 38 (1,501 Views)

★★ Novice
@crinrict
still shows that needs water, and the plant still die
Message 17 of 38 (1,458 Views)

Hero
@neodamatrix I'll merge your post with the water/dying plants thread then.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 18 of 38 (1,449 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

This is happening to me too. I had my sim plant 6 things, and after watering them the first time I couldn't do it again. The option was there, as was the option to weed, but for both options it said the plants didn't need it. Eventually the option to hire a gardener popped up, which just made me think something was wrong. Then 3 of the plants started to emit a green mist, and the options on them were now to dispose of them or hire a gardener. The 3 dead plants didn't appear dead though, but after traveling and going back they looked dead. Also after traveling, the 3 plants that were still alive could be tended to. There also were never any visible weeds until I traveled away and went back, so yeah that aspect of it is messed up too. I'm on Xbox by the way, no mods. I also only have the base game, so whatever is wrong is within the base game or update data.

EDIT: Just wanted to add that along with not having any visible weeds until after traveling, they also didn't visually appear to need water until after traveling.

Message 19 of 38 (1,340 Views)

★★ Guide

This might be a bit of a workaround for this issue until it’s fixed (if you have the Eco lifestyle pack). I found that using the planter boxes that you can fabricate with that pack will at least keep the plants alive. The planters from that pack are self watering, so I’m able to keep plants alive and harvest them. There will be no water option and I don’t seem to be getting weeds with it either, so building the skill is still slow, but it saved my perfect condition plants at least. 

Message 20 of 38 (1,326 Views)