by ajduckie

Original Post

[OPEN] Can't water plants on public lots

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Dansk
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? SPO5: 1.assets.ml-sp05.216
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? The sims deluxe edition, get to work, get together, city living, cats and dogs, seasons, get famous, ourdoor retreat, spa, dine out, vampires, jungle adventure, strangerville, Movie Hangout Stuff[, Backyard Stuff, Bowling Night Stuff, Cool Kitchen Stuff, Fitness Stuff, Spooky Stuff, Romantic Garden Stuff, Perfect Patio Stuff,
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Plant plants at a lot where you'r sim don't live.Like the gym or the libary
What happens when the bug occurs? It's impossible to water plants on a public lot. They die! It's weird because it had been possible before on public lots, Especially then you are in the group of gardening. They go to a public park and water plants.
What do you expect to see? That it's possible to water plants and grow them in a public lot.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Tag

Message 1 of 25 (3,766 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Can't water plants on public lots

Hero
Added to see if more people see this in their games

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 25 (3,684 Views)

Unable to water plants in large planter boxes on public lots

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.54.120.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Place plants in large square planter boxes on a public or non-owned lot. No watering option. Place plants in small planter pots. Watering option immediately becomes available.
What happens when the bug occurs? Watering option is not available for large planters, even when the plant is visibly dehydrated and dying. If the same plant is moved to a small plant pot, the watering option becomes available.
What do you expect to see? Watering option available for all plants, regardless of planter style.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Anyone else having this issue?? Don’t know when it started, as I usually don’t bother using large planter boxes. But now I’ve been doing some extensive gardening and I’ve realized that I’m unable to water plants that are placed in large planter boxes. Doesn’t matter if it’s a single plant in the middle of the box, or one of four smaller plants in the box. Watering option is not available. Move the visibly dry plant to a small planter pot, and the watering option becomes available. Help!

note: this is not an issue on my sim’s home lot. The issue occurs on public lots (so far, tested at Park type lots) and on residential lots not owned by my sim. 

Message 3 of 25 (3,660 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

I think my issue (just reported) is related to this. In my experience, this occurs on any public park lot or non-owned residential lot. I have not tested on non-park type public lots. Additionally, it’s occurring with the large planter boxes, but not the small planter pots. 

Message 4 of 25 (3,653 Views)

Hero
@ajduckie Actually merged your post in here.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 25 (3,641 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Thanks @crinrict for all you do!

Message 6 of 25 (3,628 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Unfortunately, I found out that long ago when the plant system was reworked. It has never been fixed:

The good news first:

1. All planting grounds behave the same on all property types at level 1 of gardening ability.

The rules in general (you can program either way you feel like):

2. All square planter boxes lose the permanent (greyed out) option "water all" on level 2 of gardening on all foreign land.

3. All plant substrates lose the constant (greyed out) option "Weeding" from level 6 of gardening on all types of land.

4. All round plant troughs lose the permanent (greyed out) "water all" option on residential properties such as foreign land (except science lab) from level 7 of gardening.

5. Soil loses the permanent (greyed out) "water all" option on all land types starting from level 7 of gardening.

6. The Gardening option, which involves watering and weeding, is available from Level 9 on Gardening.

7. The option for watering and weeding appears in case 2. to 5. depending on the type of land, if the plant is dry or full of weeds or not.

Message 7 of 25 (3,580 Views)

★★★ Novice

I found out that if I deleted the plant box it worked.

Message 8 of 25 (3,573 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@Fischreuse thanks so much for this! Not sure if I completely understand, but you've found that using large square planter boxes on foreign land works after Gardening level 9, using the Tend Garden action?

Message 9 of 25 (3,558 Views)

★★ Guide

I just described the miraculous change of vanishing options on the plants in the different constellations. I tested them through all planting grounds, land types and gardening skills.
On the home ground sometimes appear at risk of dehydration, the disappeared options on - in the morning at 5:00 clock.

I have not tested whether the lack of irrigation option on community property reappeared when plants threaten to dehydrate.
I also did not test whether the community gardens outside of land behave differently - depending on whether you visit them from their own or foreign land.

There are, in my view, two problems related to the revision of the planting system: 1. the time when plants change their status. 2. the completely different programming according to gardening ability, planting ground and land type.

It seems as if they have changed their mind when programming something different every time or several programmers have approached different tasks differently. Maybe then one or the other was forgotten. Or the contrasting programming results in a jumble on the whole.

Message 10 of 25 (3,551 Views)