Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [GTW] Unable To See Option: Water Plant in Sims Lab

by hooverlm

Original Post

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Can't water plants on public lots

★★★★★ Apprentice

"I have not tested whether the lack of irrigation option on community property reappeared when plants threaten to dehydrate."

In my experience, when plants on community property in large planters are visibly dehydrated, the watering option is still unavailable. Though I didn't track the gardening skill level(s) I experienced this at.

And in response to your overall message, right, thanks for all your detailed observations. Really hoping this all gets cleared up soon. Until then, hopefully the Tend Garden ability can serve as a workaround.

Message 11 of 25 (1,005 Views)

★★ Guide

Right. I have now also tested the community properties for drying out. Rule 2 can be extended with the addition that from horticulture level 2 on square planters, even if there is a risk of drying out, there is no option for casting on communal land.

Rule 4 and 5, on the other hand, can be extended with the addition that from horticulture grade 7 on round planters or soil at the risk of drying up, the option of casting on all types of land appears again.

I have tried the plot rabbit hole with the square planters.
With square planters, a lot of programming went wrong. A rule 8 from my various tests states that scientists never touch square planters.

I have written down these rules so as not to be constantly confused about which plant substrate I can use when and where.

You have to learn that like vocabulary. Tomorrow an exam will be written. Let's see how many programmers pass the exam.

Message 12 of 25 (993 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Dunno which July this is, but yeah, me, too. I took it to be a new normal thing that was eventually going to be fixed and wasn't. All of my saves are like this, old and new, with and without mods. I think it started when I got Seasons a year and some ago, but I'm not positive. Bugs the crap out of me. The neighborhood plants never recover from having been cut from, either, even if I stay on the lot overnight. Can't fertilize, can't water. They don't spawn weeds, so I assume they don't NEED watering, but their little health bar thing is tiny and I've had more than a few die.

Message 13 of 25 (919 Views)

★★★ Novice

Do you plant in boxes or without? 

I found out that it worked for me without the plant box. Standard smile 

This toppic is not for the plants ind the wild but on a lot. Standard smile 

Message 14 of 25 (888 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I'm referring to off lot plants

Message 15 of 25 (858 Views)

★★★ Novice

But that's not what this topic is about. 😉 

Message 16 of 25 (818 Views)

★ Apprentice

I am also seeing this problem in the Community Garden lot in the Port Promise neighborhood of Evergreen Harbor. I can Fertilize, Research, or Take Cutting, but there is no Water menu item available on any of the plants in the planters. Debug set state to wet does change the brown plant to green. If I delete a floor tile and move a plant out of the planter onto a ground tile I am able to instruct my sim to water it.
Packs installed: Eco Lifestyle, Island Living, Cats & Dogs, City Living, Get Together, Get To Work, Spa Day, Nifty Knitting, and Movie Hangout
No mods 

Message 17 of 25 (669 Views)

Hero
@hooverlm Moving this over to the thread for can't water on public lots as the other was for the science career specifically

There's also a more general thread here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Can-t-water-plants/td-p/10029533

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 18 of 25 (648 Views)

★ Apprentice

Yes. I have this problem in the community garden with plants in planters. I edited the lot and moved the dry plants to the ground and then they were able to be watered. I tried editing the planters to see if I needed to rotate the plant or planter but that does not solve the issue.

Message 19 of 25 (598 Views)

Watering plants is not showing in the plant menu.

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.82.99.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? None.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Try to water the plants in the base game worlds.
What happens when the bug occurs? I try to water the plants in parks or my own, however the option "water" doesn't show up.
What do you expect to see? The plant menu should have the option "water". I should be able to water them normally.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

From a few weeks I have realised that my plants in game don't have the option for me to water them. I see other townies doing it, however I can't. The plants do look very dry. I tried removing all my mods, repairing, creating another save. Nothing works.

Message 20 of 25 (533 Views)