[NEEDS SAVES] Can′t use split from household and move

by mike359

Original Post

Re: Sim can't separate from family

Champion

@amberspitaels Did you try the manage household's option. You will be able to find it in the upper right-hand corner when you go to manage worlds. 

Schermafbeelding 2021-07-24 224311.png

There you will see the option to mix and merge Sims from households. When you just want to take one Sim out click on the option create new household.

Schermafbeelding 2021-07-24 224633.png

Use the arrows in the middle and select the Sim you want to leave and start on its own. Then choose any amount and move both to the right.

After that you will have to find a place to live, move the to a lot, or just leave them 'out of the world'. Hope that will help. 

Have fun playing. 😏

btw. there is also a Dutch forumpage. 🤗

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Let op:
ik ben een vrijwilliger - ik werk dus niet voor EA. / Klik op "Ik ook" - Als je hetzelfde probleem hebt
Geef XP – Voor nuttige opmerkingen (help anderen vooruit) en markeer de oplossing - Als een antwoord jou heeft geholpen.

Message 21 of 59 (3,151 Views)

Hero
@amberspitaels I merged your post with the bug report on the missing pop-up.

Please click me too on the first page.

You can use the workaround posted by @Trismagistos

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 22 of 59 (3,056 Views)

Simmer cannot use phone for leaving household

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Dansk
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.79.93.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get to work, get famous, dogs and cats, discover university, seasons, parents, dine out, outdoor retreat
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Make a simmer to use their phone for "leave household and move", you will see, nothing happpens.
What happens when the bug occurs? When using the phone to get simmer to leave current household/split household, nothing happens, and the game keeps going like nothing happened instead of showing the menu of choosing the simmers to move
What do you expect to see? To see the simmers being able to move by themselves without moving the whole household
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Message 23 of 59 (3,050 Views)

Re: I can't get my Sim to split the household and move out.

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Splitting from the 'manage world' also did not help.. 

I manage to split after so many try by using on the computer and click on household and split..hope this will help..

(I also experienced the animation of sims taking out phone and tap to split..and also trying to split from manage world and household but no luck, but by clicking on the computer to split work)

(CM: Multiple posts merged. Check out this post for tips on how to edit and add more to a post.)

Message 24 of 59 (2,982 Views)

Re: split household

★★★★ Novice

Im having the same problem im now going to try the options ive seen in here but when I went to mange households last night to split the household and make the two sims I wanted to play “not in this world” they just  vanished

Message 25 of 59 (2,825 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Can′t use spilt from household and move

★★★ Novice

I am on PS4 and have the same issue.

I xa t seem to split up my house hold. Although the whole cell phone interaction is there but nothing happens. 

Message 26 of 59 (2,783 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Can′t use spilt from household and move

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Mine seems to work sporadically - there doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason as to why it works when it does. I can split with manage households, HOWEVER that won't allow me to split the funds. This needs to work so that when kids move out we don't have to cheat them money everytime.

Message 27 of 59 (2,734 Views)

Re: No pop-up when trying to split household

★★ Novice

You can go to manage worlds to fix the issue by separating your family there.

Message 28 of 59 (2,558 Views)

Rif.: [OPEN] Can′t use spilt from household and move

★★★★★ Expert
@mike359 I'm playing on pc/origin and I have this glitch exactly like op. It happens only with the phone. I tried testing with more than one person in that family, always the same result.
Message 29 of 59 (2,493 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I only recently have had the same issue. It happened yesterday and now none of them can split households and move. Per another suggestion, I have deleted localthumbcache file and they are still unable to move out and split from the existing household. 

Message 30 of 59 (2,455 Views)